I personally believe that a bride must pay attention to her makeup look on her wedding day more than her dress. It's the first thing that your guests see: your hair, your foundation, and your lipstick. That said, finding The One lipstick to finish off your face is vital. Besides considering your skin tone, your lipstick should also mirror your personality or your mood on your big day. See if you'll find one that suits you below:
The Classic Bride
You're one who's not into trends, and anything polished and elegant is on your list. Your pegs are possibly the royal brides: Kate Middleton and Grace Kelly. An MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade is apt for a classy lady like you.
1. This tawny pink lipstick flatters warm skin tones.
Pink Sugar Sugar Tint in Pillowtalk, P349, The SM Store
2. In case you don't know yet, the lipstick shade dusty rose looks amazing on ~everyone~.
Esteé Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick in, P1,700, Rustan's Makati
The Cool Bride
You are more experimental, and you let your personality shine through. You'll even consider wearing a colored bridal gown! You don't care about rules—you just aim to be yourself. Dare to wear these bold shades:
1. Swipe on a rich plum hue for extra drama.
Burt's Bees Lipstck in Orchid Ocean, P795, Beauty Bar
2. Or brighten your look with a Barbie-pink lippie!
3CE Glass Lip Color in Hot Pink, P1,040, at Sephora.ph
The Romantic Bride
You've been looking forward to your wedding day since you were a child, and your Pinterest board is brimming with inspiration for the biggest day of your life. These lovely colors will reflect your mood perfectly:
1. This moisturizing lipstick bestows a soft, rosy touch on your lips.
Dior Addict Lacquer Stick in K-Kiss, P1,900, SM Makati
2. According to science, red is the color of love. Isn't this a major reason to wear the fiery hue on your big day?
Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lip Color in Rhubarb, P575, The SM Store
The Minimalist Bride
Your gown is probably made of clean and crisp lines—without beading or extreme ruffles. It doesn't mean that you're boring, though. You just live for the "less is more" approach. You want your wedding to look simple and effortless.
1. A perfect nude matte listick that matches your sleek gown.
Sleek Matte Me Ultra Smooth Matte Lip Creme in Birthday Suit, P450, The SM Store
2. This Insta-famous flower lip balm turns into YOUR unique shade of pink when it touches your lips.
Winky Lux Flower Balm, P771, Sephora.ph
Follow Ira on Instagram.