1. Problem: Breakouts from stress (i.e.#Men #Homework #NotBeingAbleToFindAJob #StillLivingWithYourParents)
Solution: Take a few deep breaths: breathe in through your nose for four seconds (filling your belly with air), hold it for seven seconds, and then, pursing your lips like you're going to kiss someone, blow all of your air out through your mouth for eight seconds. This helps reduce your heart rate and stress level. After you've calmed yourself down, grab an acne clearing gel containing 1 percent salicylic acid and pat it onto your trouble spot twice a day until your breakout goes away.
2. Problem: Blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples from not regularly washing your face at night.
Solution: If you're often too tired to actually make the effort to wash your face with a facial cleanser and water, keep a packet of cleansing towelettes on your nightstand to keep your pores clear and blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples at bay.
3. Problem: Acne from eating an unbalanced diet.
4. Problem: Red, bloodshot eyes resulting from busy school schedules, long work hours, staying up late, and waking up before the crack of dawn.
Solution: Sometimes you can't avoid staying up late (friend's birthday drinks, again) and waking up looking like shit. But, when you do, here's how to revive tired-looking eyes so that you look human again.
5. Problem: Sallow-looking skin from staying out all night. OK, so you stayed out WAY past your bedtime (it happens to the best of us) and now your skin has lost its luster.
Solution: Get your glow back with these instant illuminating tricks.
6. Problem: You have major dark circles.
Solution: If your mom has them, chances are yours are genetic, so a good, solid concealer (since this kind of formulation stays on longer) is going to be the only way to eliminate them in a pinch. But, if yours are the aftermath of a late, late night, read this, and make sure to get more sleep, drink lots of water, apply a brightening eye cream with skin-tightening green tea morning and night, and use a stick cover-up to help get rid of and camouflage your raccoon eyes.
7. Problem: Brown spots that show up on your skin in your mid-twenties.
Solution: Wear SPF religiously. Hyperpigmentation is real and it can happen to you, young Millennial. Especially if you overexpose yourself to the sun—bronzed skin isn't worth it, trust me. Not only does sunscreen help prevent brown patches from popping up early on, making you look older than you actually are, it also prevents you from getting skin cancer. Oh, and wearing sunscreen every single day also prevents premature aging, and wrinkles at age 25 aren't cute, so DO IT!
8. Problem: You have scales instead of skin. This is most likely because you're too lazy to use body lotion, and you're dehydrated from not drinking enough water.
Solution: Apply lotion every time you get out of the shower while your skin is still damp (the moisturizer sinks in faster and deeper that way), and drink as much water as you can during the day because if you're hydrated internally, it will show externally. Lotion + water will make a HUGE difference in the way you look.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.