Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Having problems registering? Account still not activated?
E-mail us at webmaster@cosmomagazine.com.ph so we can fix things!

Author Topic: how would you differentiate original perfume from a class A perfume?  (Read 9580 times)

thev00d00doLL

• Fun and Fearless!
i was just a bit confused. hehe..thanks

Inominatrix

• Fun and Fearless!
Re: how would you differentiate original perfume from a class A perfume?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 11:36:52 am »
The middle and bottom notes.

You have to wear a fragrance for an extended period of time because it changes throughout the day. At the end of the day, it should still smell good. Cheap fragrances give off a harsh, sometimes rank chemical or musky odor.

If you can, try wearing one expensive fragrance on one arm and its imitation on the other. Then compare how they smell after 12 hours.

thev00d00doLL

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:52:46 am »
ah i see. thanks.. i have colleagues here selling different perfumes and they keep on saying that it's original. but i doubt it..wehh

Inominatrix

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 01:30:30 pm »
^That's why it's much better to buy at reputable shops in department stores. Since you'll be shelling out good money either way, you might as well be sure of the merchandise you're getting.

thev00d00doLL

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 01:44:48 pm »
yep that's absolutely right. thanks! :)

brattinella

• Total Cosmo Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 08:55:24 am »
ditto :) the smell should last long if they are original...

skinwhitemom

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 03:44:12 pm »
Nagsisisi ako when I bought Singapore perfume sbi Original daw online ko nabili ang layo ng amoy tapos habang tumatagal yung bottle natatanggal yung design wala pa 3 hours wala na scent kainis and they are saying that they are the original seller of Singapore perfume
Cute flip flops , whitening soaps kojic & cyleina black pearl soap ( http://gellsroom.multiply.com/)

chiededios

• I think therefore I am dangerous
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 03:55:29 pm »
naku mga sis mahirap bumili talaga ng mga class A, you'll never know kung ano talaga authentic na "class A" tsk tsk. balak ko din sana bumili and even to be a reseller pero dami ko nabasang negative feedbacks like di nagtatagal yung scent, iba yung scent from the original and malagkit daw, may bubbles pa nga  :(
"The naked truth is better than the best dressed lie."

brattinella

• Total Cosmo Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 10:19:47 pm »
^the scent is really different... and it doesn't last long...

thev00d00doLL

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 08:40:47 am »
hmm.. kaya pala mura hehe..

dvovirtualtech

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 03:34:47 am »
some people say get it from dept.stores... but still even at dept. stores, some still get them from HK...i have tried it myself... buying an original and still it doesn't last that long (because it was a toilette) i have tried the singapore perfumes... and for me i can only identify some scent... like i know it's D&G lite,Escape,Clinique to name some because i like the scent... now comparing to the Singapore perfumes i have bought for comparison... i really didn't notice any difference... except for the lasting hours... whenever you're buying an eau de toilette, it's always expected that you have to refreshen after 4-6 hours since these are more alcohol based (even with originals) compared to eau de parfum which is oil based and will last quite sometime... however i can't say that the singapore perfume smells different or the scent fades... i can still go through my laundry and the shirts still smell good... the only difference is that, you spray more with Singapore perfumes compared to an original... personally, i pretty much don't care, nobody knows what scent you're wearing anyway not unless they have a whole drawer filled up with every single scent of the original... and also try this... buy an original perfume spray it to yours and to a few friends, notice that each of your body acts differently on the scent... to some it may last longer, to some it won't, to some the longer they wear it can either smell a bit lighter or some stink... there are scents that fits one and not to others depending on how your body reacts to it...

erwingab

• Cosmo Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 02:25:33 pm »
ditto :) the smell should last long if they are original...

newbie po,post na rin
it should last long tlga ung tipong nagpais ka na or nalabhan u na ung damit andun pa din ung scent.
If you demand perfection from others,you will demand perfection from yourself,and you will be miserable all your life.

patricio

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:39:10 pm »
based on the insights posted here, not only are my farts class A, they're also original! ;D

rainy

• Cosmo Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 01:07:34 am »
correct mga sis, let us not waste our money sa mga "class A" or fake perfumes na yan! we bought one last december sa World trade center, D&G light blue, class A daw sabi, eto pag open sa bahay, amoy alcohol sya and masakit sa ulo, ibang iba sa original! ayun, ginagamit na sya na perfume sa CR!  ;D - lesson learned

pero may nabili ako sa Greenhills, Escada for 500 only..ok nmn sya and ndi agad nawawala un scent.
ωσяк ℓιкє уσυ ∂σи'т иєє∂ тнє мσиєу, ℓσνє ℓιкє уσυ'νє иєνєя вєєи нυят αи∂ ∂αиє ℓιкє иσ σиє ιѕ ωαтнιиg.

dvovirtualtech

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 11:00:43 pm »
Why do some fragrances seem to last much longer than others?

People with dry skin usually find their fragrance holding time shorter than those with oily skin because oily skin has more natural moisture to hold in the fragrance. PH levels (amount of acidity in our skin) also varies slightly from person to person. Our individual levels of PH will determine how each ingredient in a fragrance will react.

What is the difference in EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY and EAU DE PARFUM?

EDP (Eau De Parfum) is oil based and the fragrance will stay on your skin much longer than the EDT (Eau De Toilette). if you like your fragrance loud then get the EDP if you like light fragrances get the EDT since it has more alcohol while Parfums are oil based

The difference?

Singapore perfume EDT last for about 3-4 hours while EDP lasts for 6hrs based on personal experience... but each of us have different chemical reaction to every scent whether it's citrus, woody, musky etc. the scent is still the same compared to the US manufactured ones only probably with a lesser concentration as far as i can compare. And as far as the packaging is concerned, you can't see the difference at all.

And as far as I have experienced myself... i also bought my mom a gucci rush 2 (original) it lasted for 6 hours on her and lasted for about 4hrs with me when i tried it on... could be because i am acidic... comparing it to a burberry brit singapore authentic eau de parfum i have, i can still go through my laundry and smell its scent...

At the end of the day, the question relies on to which is more reasonable... to be practical or be part of the bandwagon? For me i'd rather get it cheaper... and if we're smart enough to analyze things... the malls sell their items in a much costly price since they have maintenance to keep up with... if you get it from the manufacturers (when they're not supposed to sell it out directly) their really much cheaper compared to getting them from the distributors, suppliers... even with cosmetics... go on several site and use the keywords "wholesale makeup" or "lots of cosmetics" you can get all of those really expensive cosmetics from the wholesalers for a much cheaper price than it is at malls...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:05:09 pm by dvovirtualtech »