Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

GET DAILY ASTRO READINGS ON YOUR MOBILE!
To subscribe to Female Network's daily astrological readings, send ON FN ASTRO [Your Sign] to 2948 for Smart, Globe, and Sun subscribers. Ex: ON FN ASTRO Scorpio. P2.50/text.
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/board,125.0.html

Author Topic: Vitamin C Benefits  (Read 4189 times)

kccruz

Vitamin C Benefits
« on: May 27, 2011, 12:20:50 PM »
Read an article about vitamin C while I was browsing, dami palang benefits ang vitaminC.. I'm planning kasi na wag na magvitamins pero sayang pala dahil madami palang benefits na makukuha from it..

Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble nutrient that is vital to all creatures. Foods that are especially rich in vitamin C are parsley, broccoli, bell peppers, strawberries, oranges, lemon juice, papaya, cauliflower, kale, mustard greens and Brussels sprouts. Here are seven reasons to include vitamin C in your daily meals:

Immunity Not only is vitamin C a well-known component of your immune system, it is also necessary for collagen, the main structural protein found in connective tissue. A healthy dose of vitamin C will protect your body from infection and maintain healthy bones and teeth, as well as quicken the bodys ability to repair wounds.

Common Cold Along with its immune functions that fight against bacteria, viruses, and infection, vitamin C also serves as an affective antihistamine that will lessen the unpleasant effects of the common cold, including inflammation, stuffy nose and aches.

Antioxidant Vitamin C is a powerful and effective antioxidant that protects our bodies from free radicals that cause oxidative stress. Excessive oxidative stress, or "cellular rust," can lead to a host of severe medical conditions, such as atherosclerosis that can cause both heart disease and stroke, and is associated with many different types of cancer, including lung, mouth, throat, colon, stomach and esophagus. Vitamin C also helps to regenerate your supplies of vitamin E (another useful antioxidant).

Hypertension Vitamin C has been shown to lower blood pressure, and therefore lessen the probability of hypertension, as well as the serious health problems that follow, such as cardiovascular disease.

Blood Vessels Along with lowering your blood pressure, vitamin C ensures proper dilation of blood vessels, which can prevents such diseases as atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, congestive heart failure, and angina pectoris (a inadequate supply of blood to the heart that causes severe chest pains).

Lead Toxicity
Vitamin C dramatically lowers your blood lead level. This is especially important for children living in urban areas, as studies have shown that lead toxicity can lead to behavioral and developmental problems, such as learning disabilities and lowered IQ. Adults, moreover, may suffer from kidney damage and high blood pressure.

Cataracts
The lens of the human eye requires vitamin C to function properly, and a deficiency can lead to cataracts (a condition in which the lens becomes increasingly opaque, causing blurry vision). A higher intake of vitamin C has been shown to fight cataracts by increasing the amount of blood flow to the eye.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:24:19 PM by kccruz »

alice88

• Cosmo Fan
Re: Vitamin C Benefits
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
Ako i like poten-cee. I even iked their facebook fanpage.
Yung facebook.com/PotenceePH.. mas ok kasi sya for me and for my kids kaya go ako for poten-cee.

raeshoppe

• What you can't imagine, can't take place.
Re: Vitamin C Benefits
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 06:22:34 AM »
Madami ngang benefits ang vitamin C.  I've been reading a lot about this, and to sum it all up... No amount of vitamin C can replace the one that comes from food like fruits, brocolli, bell pepper, and etc.

Ang hirap lang kasi, medyo mahal ang fruits. Compared to a tablet or capsule of vitamin c. I still drink Vitamin C but I try to stil try to have atleast one serving of fruit.  The recommended fruit serving is supposed to be 5