Author Topic: CALL CENTER tips  (Read 29306 times)

CALL CENTER tips
« on: June 12, 2008, 07:48:24 AM »

Hi, sistahs. I want to venture to another job, kindly give me some tips on how to get employed in a call center, it's my first time to try applying in a call center and I don't know much of it. please help me. By the way, what's the best call center here in phils? hehhehe

thanks po.

:)

Jhoy22

• Fun and Fearless!
Re: CALL CENTER tips
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 10:53:22 AM »
marami maganda callcenter pro dapat piliin mo yung near sa place mo.. nyway, sykes ( syempre company ko to ) , though di ganon kataas ang offer na salary, panalo naman sila sa benefits 30 vacation leaves and sickleaves samen.. usual company has 15 - 20 lang.. I heard maganda sa convergys, people support.. sa 24/7 laki salary.. siemens , laki salary, kso depende sa account kung maganda ang support.. piliin mo yung madami na site kase at least lam mong pag nag end of life ang mapupuntahan mong account, pwede ka transfer sa ibang account.. accenture daw inaalagaan talaga ang employee nila. yun..

tips: english..apply lang ng apply.. kung computer grad ka, laki ng edge mo kase in demand yan sa callcenter.. kung di naman, pwede ka sa custoemr service, not necessarily sales, yun nga lang mahigpit talaga sa csr kase dapat my accent sila.. sa technical account, ok lang kahit wlaang accent..

doeende knug ano gusto mo sa isang callcenter.. kung yung salary , yung location.. yun.. pagisipan mo :)

rider555

• Fun and Fearless!
  • Coffee?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 12:01:20 PM »
Isa lang tip ko...find a non-call center job. Your health isn't worth sacrificing over this.
Add me up sa
BBM: 74525688
WeChat: rider_555

dark_archer

• Fun and Fearless!
  • I shoot arrows straight to the heart and head.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:29:07 PM »
^Well, let's let her decide for herself. ;)

@m_ladytoni, perhaps, it would be best to identify first your reasons for joining the call center industry because these will be asked during the interview and this is going to be useful for you to check if you are indeed cut for the job.  Why do you want to become a customer service representative in the first place, aside from monetary reasons (take note, interviewers would prefer people who are really interested in the job rather than those who are applying simply because the job compensates well... in other words, it's a turn off for any employer to hear that reason, unless of course they're into sales)?  What does the job entail?  Why do you see yourself in customer service, or what are your qualities that best suite the position?  Most often than not, people call back the company where they purchased or availed of the product or service it provided them when they encountered a problem, for example, if the product is defective or it got worn out, or if the customer would like to upgrade or cancel his credit card among others.  Naturally, these people are irate or upset, especially if money is involved.  So the question is, how much of a problem solver are you?  How well can you handle stressful situations?  How do you picture yourself dealing with a very stubborn or angry customer?  How does your personality fit in the job?

The environment should also be considered.  How long do you see yourself doing the same job - answering calls over and over again?  The job entails working on shifts, meaning, you'll work any nine hours of the day, any five days of the week -- holidays and weekends included.  It may even require you to render overtime at times.  Do you see yourself working during Christmas?  How about New Year? Or on Holy Week when most of your family members and friends are out of town enjoying themselves?  Which would you prioritize, work or personal life in these situations?

Do you work well in a very cold office environment, averaging 18 degrees Celsius?  How do you feel about being assigned in a team where you'll be reporting to a team supervisor, and your calls are recorded and someone else will be reviewing them and provide you feedback?  How well do you accept criticisms?

And so, if you've answered all these questions successfully, then you are probably ready for the job.  How to find the best one is entirely up to you since all companies claim that they're the best. ;)  Please feel free to check on the ads every Sunday.  If you're going to ask me though, my top companies are the following (in no particular order): Convergys, PeopleSupport, Sykes, eTelecare, 24/7.  Hope this helps. ;)

I speak the truth albeit.  I speak it outloud.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 08:00:36 AM »

Thank you so much for all your replies. I really appreciate it. Crystal clear at informative ang pagkakasabi. Actually, I'm working in a BPO company, however, not as toxic and stressful as in the call center. Right now, I'm testing waters pa...I don't want to leave the company, but it's not working well and I'm scared to be employed in the same industry pa din, hehehe baka ganundin mangyari.

I still have time to think about it pa naman, dahil wala pa naman clang planong magsara, I'm just worried.

Thanks for your help. Ano po ba ang mabenta sa ngayon? hehhhee

mimiku

• Total Cosmo Fan
  • when the fairy tale ends... my story begins.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 01:38:46 PM »
Call center job is not really that easy. I guess you've heard numerous facts about the industry and if you're not really accustomed of having at least 5 hours sleep, you'll end up having the biggest stress of your life (trust me, I've been there, I still got the souvenir).

However, for people who are used to stress as well as a monotonous working environment, this might be a right job for you. Plus, the pay is high, and there are lots of incentives and benefits.

All you have to do is to master your communication skills. I'm not an HR but I've been through a lot of interviews with various call centers. After you've passed your resume, they would call you, after a week or so... usually it's the initial interview. Here's a list of the questions they usually ask:

*Tell me something about yourself.
*Why are you looking for a new job?
*What do you know about this company? (so better do your research)
*Your preferred salary.
*How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
*When are you available for an interview? (if they ask you this, it means you passed the initial interview).

Some call centers would like to assess you first before the last interview. The exam mainly consists of IQ, English Proficiency or Typing.

I\\\'m sane but I\\\'m overwhelmed. I\\\'m lost but I\\\'m hopeful. I feel drunk but I\\\'m sober. I\\\'m young and I\\\'m underpaid. I\\\'m tired but I\\\'m working, yeah!!!!!!!

maria ligaya

• Fun and Fearless!
  • am ♥ b!+ch ♥ ous
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 04:44:27 PM »
hmmmm...

"magbaon ka ng english!!!"

yang ang most common na naririnig ko nung wala pa ako sa call center. Mahirap daw maka-pasok, nose bleed daw talaga, strict at kailangan fluent sa English. Well nung una yun din ang akala ko.

After my surgery, the first two job invitations that i received was in a call center near MOA ang the one that I am still with right now. It is tempting because i've been hearing that call girls/call boys ;) receive bigger than in other industry.

"haha exagge ka naman Joy!" these are the words that my friends would tell me, everytime I tell my friends what I did when i first tried to apply in a call center.

We would usually reminisce the days when we were still waiting out in the lobby to be called at "magisa." we would laugh out on how we look like then.

What did I do and what I advice do i give my friends who wants to try working in a call center?

1. Magbaon ka ng English.
- if you know that you are not that fluent in English, load up on your vocabularies and practice speaking loud in English. Understandable naman na hindi lahat ng Pinoy fluent sa English, PERO magaling ang mga Pinoy magsalita ng English!

When I found out when my interview was, i started reading English books and of course Cosmo Magazine. I read on articles that can help me boost my confidence and at the same time "soften" my tongue since that im not that fluent.

2. Humarap sa salamin
-practice answering common or possible job interview questions that you can be given. Practice looking straight in your eye in the mirror because it is a plus if you can look at interviewers directly at hindi kung saan-saan naglalakwatsa mata mo  :D

3. Mag ala script writer ka!
- It can also help you sell your self to interviewers if you know well how to tell them about yourself and your experiences. Avoid umss... ahh... to avoid running out of words to say, why not try to write a script. write answers to the questions that you now you can be asked. or write something about you, anything about in your resume. then use that while you are practicing in front of the mirror.

4. be ngarag looking :D
- ooopps not physically okay?! I'm not sure in other companies if they also have speed typing test. I admit that I am not a free hand typist but i can type fast. during my speed typing test, feeling ko ngarag ako o super tense. that helped me to type faster, ginawa ko yun para lang ma-meet ko yung requirements nila. type to the max talaga. kasi alam ko once ma-hire ako kasama na sa training yung typing at pagsasalita ng mabuti sa English.

5. Fasyon 101!
- kahit nakikita mo na uso na sa pag-aaply yung naka jeans lang, naka havaianas, o naka-super casual clothes pag nag-aaply sa call center, i suggest medyo magbihis ka ng presentable ;) mas maganda pa din kasi tignan sa isang applicant ang presentable manamit, may image na nabibigay sa interviewer mo ;)

6. mayabang ako!!
- once your name is called for interview? just tel your self that...

" bahala na, kaya ko 'to ako pah! " don't worry kasi kahit sabihin mo na bahala na, once nandun ka na sa harap ng interviewer mo maaalala mo naman yung prinaktis mo eh. wag ka lang talaga kabahan okay? be comfortable with your interviewer, like FC kayo (feeling close) lang.

i hope this helps you guys because this worked for me!! ;)
"For what it's worth, it's never too late or too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing."

Josaidamaer

• Fun and Fearless!
  • It's what I do that defines ME...
    • https://www.poisonivyboutique.multiply.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 04:36:17 AM »
m_ladytoni@yahoo:

So r u working na in a Call Center? What company?

Btw, I'm working at Siemens Inc. in Eastwood City. More than a year nko dito... It's my 1st call center job and ok nmn... malaki salary dito because our clients pay as in euro. Dark_Archer's right, there are things na you hev to consider if you want to work in this industry. Ok dapat sa puyatan, sa super lamig na workstations, and ok to scrifice holiday vacations coz basically my pasok sa ofiz nun... pero you can file for vacation leaves nmn, yun nga lang.. pahirapan ma-approve coz dami nag-apply.. Last year nga I worked on holidays such as November 1 and 2, December 24, 25, 31 and January 1 (half-day ako, pumasok ako after putukan na..around 4am) ...don't worry, may pakonswelo  nmn eh coz of double pay and free foods... minsan my free service pa from your location to eastwood.. this thing happens din during typhoons or other incidents na might have problem sa worke force...

I can say na ok dito sa company nmin... mabait mga TL, OM, SM, etc.. barkada ung relationship towards us (agents). Every month we have a theme day (like back-to-school day wherein everybody will wear school uniforms, cosplay day, pajama day, rock&roll day, etc..) we have free pizza for each team and the team which has best/organize costumes will win prizes (form of sudexho or cash)... we have sportsfest, battle of the bands, paint ball challenge, bonggang summer outing and christmas party.. when an account left siemens, nagpaparty pa kami sa ALchemy-Tiendesitas (all expenses paid by that account) then ung mga agents eh nailipat sa new accounts so walang problema coz walang natsugi..

wat's best here is that normal na dito ung mamigay ng foods... wen agents hit their target, nagpapa-KFC or Shakeys sila... minsan nga eh nagpapakain nlng ng walang dahilan.. ewan ko.. mayaman ata tlga management dito.. hehehe... now nmn eh we have prizes for agents na mkakatapos ng specific number of tickets/calls... pang-motivate ng agents and pampasaya sa floor.. people here have yearly rice allowance, quarterly bonus (based on ur performance), yearly salary increase, free hams and different foods for christmas, free drinks (coffee, juice, iced tea, etc.) sa pantry, we have PS3 sa pantry, videoke machine and 2 laptops na allowed mag-surf mga agents sa net..

actually petiks ung work ko dito.. lalo na ngayon (as in wala ako gnagawa) since wala dumadating na tickets sa team namin, wat we do lng eh sleep, smoke, eat and browse the net..walang naninita samin.. swerte lang ako coz im in a team na wala tlga ginagawa..

TIPS: you don't have to be super galing mag-english f u'll apply coz madedevelop nmn yan wen you're on the floor na (you'll work with foreign people so as the days pass by eh maaa-adopt mo accent nila, manners of speaking nila and mage-gets mo rin ung slang words na cnasabi nila).. dito samin, you'll have soft skills training muna which will correct ung mga wrong conceptions natin sa English, american culture, pronunciation, etc... after that eh technical specs training n which is the process na gagawin mo sa floor...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:40:00 AM by Josaidamaer »
:-)  PoiSoN Ivy :-)
Technical Facility Administrator / Freelance Writer
ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.

https://www.facebook.com/p0isonivyboutique
https://www.poisonivyboutique.multiply.com

narkeena

• Fun and Fearless!
  • Don't watch the clock,do what it does-Keep going!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 06:00:16 AM »
I have been in the Call Center Industry for 5yrs now... I resigned from my post as a Supervisor in a Well known Call Center and a Well known Account... I was offered an Account Manager post in Makati, where I was being sent in the US for Global Business conference but after a year... I decided to Leave the company, 'though it's paying higher than my supervisory job-- I Know that I made the right choice... Coz I am not happy with the environment, the management itself.

Now, I am working as an Operational Purchasing in an In-House Call center.
It pays as much as I was earning as a Supervisor then, and I am again Happy with the people I work with and the companies benefits. They provide not just 13th month pay but also 14th month to 15th month. Health card benefit is not just for you but your parents too. The salary is always on time, with lots of perks like the others. What i like about being in an In-house Call Center, you won't be just an agent or under a certain account, coz you're a direct hire by the company itself, so there is Job security.

I would advice that if you want to apply or work in a call center you have to;

BE CONFIDENT - it's always about being confident, on how you carry yourself, how you express your opinions.

BE YOURSELF - you don't have to prettend like your someone else, you can stand out by being you, show them what you've got by how you respond to questions you might encounter.

PRACTICE ENGLISH - almost all centers (if not all) have an EOP or Englich Only Policy especially on the floor. You can't speak in tagalog coz other people who are taking or making calls and the person on the other line might hear you. (ofcourse there is a mute button, so sometimes it's ok).

- You have to practice speaking english so you can ACE the Job interview! But again, there is training that you'll undergo to once you get picked from the interview so don't worry about it too much! ;)

DO RESEARCH - Always try to read Blogs or articles about the company you are applying for. It's for your own good, not only that the interviewer might ask you what you know about the company but you can check if it's worth your time and effort.

SMILE - You should always smile during your interview, not only that you will look great but they won't notice if you are nervous. (yeah, you can look at yourself in the mirror to practice). :)

BE PREPARED - Aside from doing research on the company your applying to, Make sure that you had enough rest before the interview, well dressed, and had practiced answering some interview questions.

i hoPe this wOuLd hELp yOu.. gOoD LucK! & Let Us Know UpdaTEs! :*
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 06:03:26 AM by narkeena »
"no women are ugly.. just lazy ones"

hell_boy04

• Fun and Fearless!
  • just roll the dice..
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 06:17:24 AM »
confidence confidence confidence!!!

yan lang at resume dala mo malayo na mararating mo!

Teletech - provincial rate pero petiks to the max!
Sykes - benefits benefits benefits!
Convergys - english is your main priority
24/7 - calls = pay

it's still up to you kung saan..

where are you located..?

*** check it out sa mga companies na malapit..

what you need..?

*** great pay! cool job! suitable sched!

kaya ano pang hinihintay! apply na!

www.hirepoint.com

(haha tama bang magadvertise!!!)

btw.. listen to tenured, first job ko lang to eh..

*** hire date: July 14, 2007 ***

sexy_jang

• Fun and Fearless!
  • do not expect me to be someone i am not
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 05:53:23 PM »
guys, do you have any idea how is it like to work part time in a call center? i have a full time job but am planning to work in a call center from 7pm onwards..
do not waste your time on a man/woman who is not willing to waste their time on you

narkeena

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 06:45:06 PM »
guys, do you have any idea how is it like to work part time in a call center? i have a full time job but am planning to work in a call center from 7pm onwards..

Hi sis, It's usually 5hrs work with 1 hr break for call center part timers. ;)

jesrora

• Fun and Fearless!
  • o_O
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
Hi sis, It's usually 5hrs work with 1 hr break for call center part timers. ;)

Hi sis, do you know any specific call centers that offer part-time positions? Because now I have a 2 pending job offers, both call center and full-time positions. I'm still studying and I don't think I could do both. Also I kind of HAVE TO work na kasi medyo lumagpas ako sa time limit na dapat nagaaral ako. So people around me are kind of expecting something na. Also ang mga tumatawag kasi sa akin for interview ay puro full-time positions. Nakalagay kasi sa ad nila sa jobstreet may part-time position pagdating ko sa interview wala naman. Though pasado ako, napapadalawang isip tuloy ako...

narkeena

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
Hi sis, do you know any specific call centers that offer part-time positions? Because now I have a 2 pending job offers, both call center and full-time positions. I'm still studying and I don't think I could do both. Also I kind of HAVE TO work na kasi medyo lumagpas ako sa time limit na dapat nagaaral ako. So people around me are kind of expecting something na. Also ang mga tumatawag kasi sa akin for interview ay puro full-time positions. Nakalagay kasi sa ad nila sa jobstreet may part-time position pagdating ko sa interview wala naman. Though pasado ako, napapadalawang isip tuloy ako...

Hi sis... you can ping me... para tell ko sayo san alam ko my mga part time... :)

sweetubeng_me

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »
Hi sis... you can ping me... para tell ko sayo san alam ko my mga part time... :)
sis ako din can u give me some details about part time..never been pa ako sa mga call center job..so i dont have any
idea kung pwede ako...just wanna try to get some job here in phil...

myles_away

• Fun and Fearless!
  • busy...
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »
if you're tech savvy - apply for tech support - offers u good pay

if ur maboka/into sales - apply sa outbound callcenter - offers not quite good basic BUT gives u a good commission and perks.

if ur patience is like a saint - then go for customer support, but this is more of entry level lang for not tech savvy or don't like to be pressure sa sales.

meron din naman chat or email support lang... if u love chatting and email... mas ok un... dun copy paste lang. hehe

BTW: been there than that.

first call center i am on SALES since i took up MARKETING.... been there 2 years.

got so bored with it and move in to CS voice/chat/email... only for few months though... boring e...feeling ko nakakabobo. hehe

then finally i got this big break and opportunity to work @ DELL as tech (with no tech background at all) and so far so good... i've learned so much from this company kaya kahit minsan nakakainis n ang management, tiis na lang... good pay naman and benefits.. ska un Company name itself... (another advantage for a good opportunity in SIngapore) -- with dell for more than 2 years now.
Forgive...but don't forget!

-pinkpeach-

• Simply Me.. :)
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 11:15:40 PM »
..for interview ba?
look at the your interviewer with smiling eyes.. works well for me :)

pipoysupot

• Fun and Fearless!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 06:20:21 PM »
"play around" with your customers
during your shift, draw a dose of positive energy from your customers. sometimes when you get really stressed out especially in a long call that had great results, exchange stories with them, crack a few jokes and when they ask for a supe to commend you, don't hesitate.  ;D

Josaidamaer

• Fun and Fearless!
  • It's what I do that defines ME...
    • https://www.poisonivyboutique.multiply.com
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 02:05:25 AM »
"play around" with your customers
during your shift, draw a dose of positive energy from your customers. sometimes when you get really stressed out especially in a long call that had great results, exchange stories with them, crack a few jokes and when they ask for a supe to commend you, don't hesitate.  ;D

yeah right...  ;D

I had commendation wherein this old lady told my TL that I should get salary increase because i have excellent customer service raw..  :D (nakakatuwa and nkakawala talaga ng pagod when your customer appreciates your work.)

My other commendation nmn asked my TL to give our address.. she did.. after a month eh my dumating na package.. it has chocolates, her (customer's picture), letter of appreciation, post cards and a guess bag.. ( i was really amazed kc never ko naisip na may ganun palang tao na foreigner na super kung mag-appreciate ng help..)  ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 03:17:44 AM by Josaidamaer »
:-)  PoiSoN Ivy :-)
Technical Facility Administrator / Freelance Writer
ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.

https://www.facebook.com/p0isonivyboutique
https://www.poisonivyboutique.multiply.com

james007

• Fun and Fearless!
  • say what ? ? ?
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 06:33:09 AM »
pag night shift ka, pili ka ng station na mejo sulok....malayo sa TL mo...
nang sa ganun malaya ka makaka idlip or makaka pag cosmo forum..

wakaka...
I go faster, faster and faster...<br />Until the thrill of speed overcomes my fear of death.....