It’s official: Jamie Dornan will be playing Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey!
The announcement was made two weeks after Charlie Hunnam abruptly dropped out of the project due to “scheduling conflicts." Since then, fans have been buzzing about who should fill the void (check out our poll below!), but the search has finally come to an end.
Jamie will be joining Dakota Johnson in the highly-anticipated Fifty Shades of Grey film.
Jamie in a Hugo Boss campaign
Source: Select Model Management
So who exactly is Jamie Dornan? Here are five things you need to know about him:
1. He started out as a model and has appeared in campaigns for Christian Dior, Armani, and most recently, Calvin Klein. Just look at that face...that smolder...Oh my. He definitely gets our vote in the looks department!
2. He made his acting debut in Sofia Coppola’s 2006 adaptation of Marie Antoinette (starring Kirsten Dunst). He currently stars in BBC Two’s crime drama, The Fall where he plays a serial rapist and killer. He has also appeared as a guest star in ABC’s Once Upon a Time.
Does Mr. Grey wear CK? Jamie in a Calvin Klein print ad
3. Sorry ladies, this hottie is already taken! He is married to English actress and singer-songwriter Amelia Warner and they are expecting their first child.
4. He dated actress Keira Knightley from 2003-2005.
5. He is Irish. We can already imagine him saying “Laters, baby” in that super sexy accent! So, what do you think of Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey? Sound off by commenting below!