Ok, so we still aren’t even close to being over the fact that James Reid and Nadine Lustre are dating IRL. (Like srsly, we are NOT)
Now, James has spoken to ABS-CBN about all the juicy deets of his newfound love in his leading lady Nadine.
Get ready for the kilig fest below, loves. Hihi *heart emoji*
1. They’ve been seeing each other for a couple of months already.
Oooh! When exactly, we don’t know. Let’s just leave it to them to share it with us eventually.
2. James wanted to court Nadine the traditional Pinoy way!
James said, “For me, I guess, because I am Australian, I grew up in Sydney, the way that we court girls, it’s different there. But, of course, the first person to know was her father. I asked permission from him first a while back. I tried to keep that Filipino tradition.”
3. And yes, he even went to her house to court her. Cutie.
4. They became #OfficialJamesAndNadine on February 11, 2016.
Save the date for your future greetings!
5. But James really wanted to save it ‘til their JaDine In Love concert on February 20!
“Actually, gusto ko talaga siya i-surprise sa concert night itself. I was supposed to save it ‘til then. I wasn’t gonna say it until [the concert],” he revealed.
6. James spilled the deets on the first time he said ‘I love you’ to Nadz:
“And then on the 11th, we went out for dinner. I was like, ‘I bet you didn’t know I could be like this.’ She’s like, ‘Yeah, I didn’t really expect this from you.’ I said, ‘It’s different when I’m in love.’ And then she said, ‘Are you in love?’ And then I thought, you know what, right now is the right time. I told her, ‘Yes, I am.’ She knew what I was talking about.”
7. And, of course, Nadine was just full-on KILIG!!!
“She literally sat there smiling and just said, ‘Kilig ako!’”
8. James says it’s the real deal. Case closed.
“It’s such a relief. You have no idea how relieving it is to be able to express [my feelings for her] because for me, for the longest time, I’ve had to suppress it or hide it. Now, it’s so liberating to just be able to hold her hand in public and say I love you out loud.”
9. Even if they’re dating IRL, they still remain BFFs. Awww!
“Actually that’s the beautiful thing about her. She’s still my best friend. When we hang out, we are just like best friends, buddies but there’s that extra connection. Nothing changed. I just realized one day that wow, I’m in love with her.”
10. And James publicly declaring his love for Nadz was for him alone and no one else:
“I didn’t really do it for the fans. I did it [on my own]…I just wanted to do it. I expected [that they will be happy for us]. I’m happy that they are happy. I’m happy that everyone’s happy. Yesterday was really different.”
Follow Jacinda on Instagram.