If you watch the TV series Downton Abbey, you already know whom I'm talking about. If you don't, that's okay. She's Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, played by Maggie Smith (who was Professor Minerva McGonagall in the Harry Potter film series). She's the matriarch of the family and a wise and strong woman who's not afraid to speak her mind and do it with class. Here's what we can learn from her in the area of sophistication:
1. Instead of letting your feelings get the better of you when you say something mean to someone, make a quick, smart, and subtle insult.
2. Know what's wrong in society, point it out, and make people change for the better.
3. Give the most life-changing advice.
4. Work hard.
5. If you're perfectly okay, don't let anyone dictate to you what to do and how to be.
6. Be mindful of the power and nuances of words.
7. Know that some limits are important and good for people.
8. It's okay to be vulgar in some situations, but it's better to be witty in others.
9. Know your worth.
Remember: Always keep your cool!
Follow Stephanie on Twitter.