Figuring out which lipstick shade to wear is easy. We usually go with our favorite shade—a color that looks best on our skin tone. But coordinating it with blush or eye makeup can be challenging.
Makeup shouldn’t be stressful, so we took the guesswork out of the lipstick and eyeshadow matching game. Below are tried and true lipstick pairings that look fab every time.
A brilliant red shade exudes effortless glam for both day and night. Pair it with minimal eye makeup for a fresh and modern look.
- To balance out the bright lip, line your eyes with black eyeshadow. Apply mascara.
- Using a blush brush, lightly apply peach blush. This keeps you looking lively and fresh throughout the day.
- Brush the faintest bit of highlighter on your cheekbones, décolletage, and shoulders.
- Swipe a matte bright red lipstick on your lips.
Pairing nude lips with smoldering, smoky eyes is your shortcut to looking sleek, sexy, and sophisticated. It’s a timeless way to up the sex appeal of any outfit, add edge to jeans and a T-shirt, and elegance to an evening gown.
- Use an angled eyeliner brush to define your upper lash line with black eyeshadow. Dot the spaces between your bottom eyelashes with the same eyeshadow and smudge with a cotton swab.
- Brush a dark brown shadow onto your eyelids and the crease of your eyes. Blend carefully.
- Highlight the inner corners of your eyes and your brow bone with cream-colored shadow.
- To give your face a sculpted, radiant finish, apply a warm bronzer to the underside of your cheekbones. Sweep highlighter on the high points of your cheeks.
- Complement your smoky eyes with a barely glossed nude lip.
Peach lips bring instant warmth and a youthful glow to the face, no matter how fair or deep your complexion is. It pairs best with peach blush for that year-round-summer look.
- Using an eyeshadow brush, color your lids with a subtle brown shadow.
- Punch up your smile by dabbing a large blush brush into a soft peach blush. Swirl it right onto the apples of your cheeks.
- Keep the monochrome look going with a creamy peach lipstick. Apply the lippie straight from the tube, then blend or blur with your pinky for a more natural look.
Wine-red lipstick and shimmery gold eyes create a classic makeup look.
- Use a variety of gold tones to create depth and dimension on your eyelids. Apply dark gold all over your crease then dust a lighter gold over the center of your lids to make your eyes pop. Line your upper and lower lash lines with dark brown shadow to create the illusion of eyeliner minus the intensity.
- Swipe on three coats of mascara to your lashes for more definition.
- Line your lips with burgundy lip liner and then fill in with your favorite wine-red shade.
Nothing is more fun and flirty than pink lipstick. Stick to this timeless color for casual brunches with the girls or if you want to add a cute pop of color to your workwear.
- Blend taupe and beige shades over the eyelids up to the crease. Finish off with a few coats of mascara.
- With a blush brush, blend a hot pink color until you get that pink post-workout glow.
- Swipe on a creamy, soft pink lipstick.
You can get the eye-defining dark browns, the highlighting champagnes, and the stunning golds from these makeup looks in the BYS Safari Palette. It's an eyeshadow palette with 12 warm tones you can mix and match for trendy looks that suit your skin tone and your lipstick.
Use the shade Camo in place of eyeliner; Safari for a subtle, natural-looking brown shadow; Feline to highlight your brow bone; Leopard, Explore, and Cheetah for gold, shimmery lids. Experiment with bolder looks with Roar or Instinct.
For blush, color your cheeks with peach and get glowing skin with some highlight and contour.
Do your makeup easily and precisely by using the BYS Keepsake 5-Piece Brush Set, which includes a powder brush, blush brush, foundation brush, eyeshadow brush, and angled eye and brow liner brush. The brushes are travel-size and come packed in a tin, so you can keep them in your purse for emergency touch-ups.
Learn more about the best products to use with your favorite lipstick on the BYS Facebook page and website.