Having an ID photo taken is quite a dreadful task. Whether it's for a school ID, driver's license, passport picture, or for a VISA, you're only given a few minutes or even mere seconds to ace your headshot, otherwise you're stuck with that awkward picture for a good five to 10 years.
But for these celebrities, including Heart Evangelista and Chie Filomeno, it seems like taking ID photos is a piece of cake. They've mastered the art of looking effortlessly flawless in their headshots, leaving us in awe of their stunning visuals. Take a peek at their photos below and glean some inspiration. We've even added a list of makeup products you need to achieve the perfect ID photo at the end.
LOOK: Celebrities' Flawless ID Pictures
1. Maris Racal
2. Chie Filomeno
3. Heart Evangelista
4. Martine Ho
5. Ellen Adarna
How to Achieve the Perfect ID Photo
Contrary to popular belief, you can wear makeup in your ID photos, you just have to make it look natural. Ahead ,we've listed down 10 steps and makeup products that will help you achieve the perfect headshot for your driver's license, passport, or VISA photo. It may seem like a long list for a natural makeup look, but keep in mind, it's not about what you apply but how you apply it.
1. If there's one thing you'll notice right away from the photos of above, it's that they all have well-groomed brows. So start off by giving yourself a set of nice arches and filling them in.
2. To achieve a flawless photo, you'll need a flawless base. Use a light coverage foundation or skin tint like the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer for a natural, skin-like finish.
3. Once you've applied a light base, go in with your concealer to touch up any pigmentation and marks that you wouldn't want to be seen in the photo. Use the concealer to clean up your brows as well. Keep in mind that ID photos are taken head on, so you'll want your brows to look as symmetrical as possible.
4. To add some dimension to your face, don't forget to contour your temples, cheeks, nose, chin, and jawline.
5. For blush, use a liquid or cream formula and gently tap it onto the highest points of your cheeks then blend it out with a brush. The BLK Cosmetics Creamy All Over Paint can help you achieve that glow-from-within look
6. Set your makeup with some translucent powder to achieve a blurred filter effect. You can never go wrong with the classic Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder.
7. Lightly go over the areas you contoured with a matte bronzer like Benefit's Hoola Matte Bronzer to further define your features.
8. This step is optional, but if you can't live without eyeliner only draw on a small wing, the tiniest wing possible, and make sure to use a brown liner instead of black like the KISSME Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner in Bitter Brown.
Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner #02 Bitter Brown, P720, KISSME, Zalora
9. Falsies and extensions are strongly discouraged for ID photos as they can significantly alter your eye shape. Stick to mascara instead and for the best results, try the "mascara cocktail" technique.
10. Finish everything off with your favorite nude lipstick or lip tint.