On May 18, 2022, celebrity photographer BJ Pascual unveiled his photoshoot for the BYS Disney Princess Collection. What made this campaign special? It featured the Miss Universe Philippines titleholders: MUPH 2020 Rabiya Mateo, MUPH 2021 Bea Gomez, and MUPH 2022 Celeste Cortesi.
The queens looked like heavenly goddesses in their portraits; we think the photos could pass as paintings! BJ reveals his inspo for this shoot: "I took a page from the Romantic Era when there was an artistic, literary, musical, and intellectual movement in Europe and wove this in around the three heroines and how we define women’s roles in society now—taking the lead in adjusting to new realities and challenges. The old damsel-in-distress narrative is out and we hope to show that in the images."
See the dreamy portraits below:
BYS Disney Princess Campaign Photos by BJ Pascual
Rabiya Mateo as Ariel from The Little Mermaid
Rabiya is wearing a custom dress by Steph Tan.
Bea Gomez as Belle from Beauty and the Beast
Job Dacon designed Bea's cape and dress.
Celeste Cortesi as Cinderella
Celeste is in a Michael Leyva creation.
Our favorite element of this campaign is the fact that the team featured real birds in Celeste's pics. According to Romina Nanagas of Better Mondays, the PR agency of BYS, the team had trained love birds on set for the photoshoot! We love this ~*extra touch*~.
Rabiya, Bea, and Celeste's ethereal makeup looks were put together using the products from the BYS Disney Princess collection.
- Longlasting Liquid Eyeliner in Black Beauty (P699) - a long-lasting and smudge-proof eyeliner
- Plumping Mascara in Hero (P699)- a smudge-proof mascara that lengthens and thickens eyelashes
- 3-in-1 Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Knight and Fairy Lights (P899 each) - it comes with a brow pencil, powder, and spoolie
- Sun Tint SPF 36 (P799) - an ultra-lightweight, skin-perfecting tinted sunscreen
- Flawless Primer (P799) - a hydrating primer that smooths out skin texture
- Liquid Lipsticks in Dance in the Moonlight, Ever a Surprise, and Wanderin’ Free (P549 each) - these are highly pigmented liquid velvet-matte lipsticks
- Lip & Cheek Tint in Pixie Dust (P599) - a lip and cheek stain that gives a rosy glow
- Serum Blush in Fantasy, Celestial, and Mermaid (P799 each) - a lightweight serum blush in the most flattering shades
- Clarifying Face Mask (P99/sheet or P499/box of 5)- it soothes troubled skin
- Smoothing Face Mask (P99/sheet or P499/box of 5) - this brightens the complexion
- Hydrating Face Mask (P99/sheet or P499/box of 5) - it keeps the skin plump and smooth
Here's the rest of the creative team behind the BYS Disney Princess campaign:
- Styling - Eldzs Mejia
- Makeup - Anthea Bueno
- Hair - Renz Pangilinan
- Set Design - Princess Barretto
The BYS Disney Prince Collection is available at Watsons, The SM Store, and online on Amorfia, Watsons, and ShopSM.
READ MORE ABOUT THE MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES QUEENS HERE:
Cosmopolitan Philippines is now on Quento! Click here to download the app and enjoy more articles and videos from Cosmo and your favorite websites!