Sometimes, you get a sick short haircut and you are #FeelingYourself. Other times, not so much. This is for all those "other times."
1. Realizing your boobs now look approximately 10 times bigger now that your hair doesn't distract from them.
Which isn't necessarily a problem, but sometimes you don't want super-noticeable boobs and sometimes you do want super-noticeable boobs. Unfortunately, with a short haircut, you only have one option every day and this blows.
2. Having to ignore the pathetic little tail that hangs down from your ponytails and fills with sweat when you exercise.
Everyone has little whisps on their neck, but when your hair is short, the problem is you're, like, 80 percent whisp. No one longs to be 80 percent whisp.
3. Looking like a sad, wet duck when you get out of the shower.
When you love your short hair, you come out of the shower looking like Jennifer Lawrence after a shower, but when you hate it, you exit the shower like a small dog who got wet by accident and now everyone's laughing.
4. ~*The accidental and unavoidable mullet you get when it grows out*~.
And the worst part is, your only alternative to this problem is cutting the bottom part of your hair, which you're not going to do because every inch is precious gold and will be fought for with everything you freaking have.
5. Trying to put your hair in a ponytail but nah.
Every morning, you expect it'll be a little bit longer and a little more ponytail-able, but instead, nope. If anything, sometimes you swear it's shorter somehow.
6. Hats are your new look whether you like it or not.
But you can't wear beanies or you look totally bald, so you have to go shopping for very specific hats like a hat detective, and who has time for that?
7. Knowing you're probably going to have to avoid mirrors for at least four months and thus will probably have crap in your teeth.
Because every time you see yourself, you're going to get sad and you just don't need that in your life. Having salad in your teeth seems like a small price to pay for self-esteem.
8. Trying to make bobby pins look chic is a fool's errand.
Again, when bobby pins are a super-fab choice you made on your own, they can look so adorable. But when you're doing it because your bangs are too short to put behind your ears, you just look like an awkward kid in an Easter barrette.
9. Feeling like you have to be way girlier than you'd normally be to compensate.
Get ready to wear lace seven days a week!
10. Trying to pull your hair out just to see if it'll pull out like one of those dolls from the '90s where you pulled out her hair and it grew longer immediately.
Like, you know it won't, but maybe it will!
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.