1. They can brush it off their face and somehow seem super sensitive for literally no good reason. They're really just adjusting their own hair, but somehow it looks like Christmas and presents and puppies and also sex.
2. They can put it in a sexy man bun. I know this one is debatable, because not everyone thinks man buns are that sexy, but I'm just saying that if you do find them sexy, this is a thing they can easily achieve.
3. Nothing is cuter than a guy with his longish hair pushed behind his ear because it was bothering him. Plus, then you get to see half of his face very well while the other half of his face is kind of a mystery. Hello.
4. They probably have a hair tie you could borrow. Thereby sparing you a trip to the drugstore or a frantic scramble through your junk drawer in a feeble attempt to find a rubber band.
5. When little strands fall in their face. And you want to tuck it behind his ear for him, but then you figure, Eh, I'll just wait to watch him do that himself because that's adorable (see no. 3).
6. They are 50 percent more likely to resemble Harry Styles than someone without long hair. This is based on a scientific study I conducted that was based on guessing. Still, those are really good made-up odds.
7. They will totally understand why you shed all over the place. And why all your hair is in the shower because no, you're not doing it deliberately, that is just where it goes. That said, now you have two people in the shower who are clogging the drain. Maybe he has a friend who is a plumber?
8. The way their hair looks when it's coming out of a '90s hat.
9. They probably have really great shampoo for when you stay over. Long-haired guys know that 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner is a joooooke. They also have excellent sprays/know the value of a spray.
10. You can braid their hair and make them look sensitive and also tough. This is always the braided man bob hair result. Every time. Excellent track record. Plus, when you take the braid out, he has dreamy ~*waVes*~.
11. Their hair will fall in your face during sex and smell like coconut papaya (or whatever the hell conditioner they use). The same cannot be said for a buzz cut, so this is a plus.
12. Harry Styles. You could say this isn't a reason, but I'd argue it's the no. 1 reason.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.