Contrary to belief, there's a blonde to suit everyone. Just look at how Khloe Kardashian has recently evolved into a fully-fledged flawless blonde even though it's far from her natural hair hue.
We asked color expert Mario Charalambous, Technical Director at Richard Ward Hair, for the heads-up on how with his top tips for selecting the right shade of blonde for you. If you're keen to lighten up, follow his advice and you'll be Khloe-convincing in no time.HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT BLONDE
1. Find out whether your skin is warm- or cool-toned—this will decide which blonde tones work best for you. To do this simply look at the veins on your wrist; if they're mostly blue and purple you have a cool undertone, if they are mostly green you have a warm undertone and if they are a mix of both you have a neutral undertone—and therefore more choice.
2. Generally speaking, paler, pinky skin tones suit cool, delicate blondes; think ash, beige or baby-blonde.
3. Darker or more yellow/golden-toned skins suit golden or honey hues; think butter, golden, caramel tones.
4. Take into account the depth of your eye color—how much of a contrast do you want? Soft, multi-tonal shades complement lighter eye colours, whereas deeper, richer blondes flatter a darker eye.
5. Think about maintenance—an all over platinum blonde needs regular trips to your colorist, whereas ombre is far more low maintenance. How much are you willing to commit to the upkeep?
6. Look at the condition of your hair; your color will only ever be as good as the condition your hair is in. It's important to use shampoos and conditioners specifically designed for colored hair.WHAT ELSE BLONDES NEED TO KNOW To minimize damage when going blonde:
We all know bleach can cause damage, but the hair Holy Grail has happened. Ask your colorist to use Olaplex on your hair during you color appointment; the new treatment can literally reconnect the hair strand structure where broken. It's the future of healthy hair coloring.
To help lock the color in and keep it from fading too quickly, Mario recommends the L'Oréal Professionnel Série Expert Vitamino A:OX Color range. This uses the advanced antioxidant formulation with Neohespiridin, a substance naturally found in citrus that fights the oxidization of hair color and teamed with a UV filter designed to protect and prolong color radiance.To dabble in blonde without the bleach:
Still scared of committing to the color? Try an instant color lift for sun-lightened strands. The L'Oreal Professionnel Lightening Oil can be shampooed throughout your hair for all over lift or placed where the sun will naturally fall for subtle highlights and even take a brunette "bronde." Try the personalized technique in-salon in a 10 minute add-on to a blowdry appointment.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.