While a top knot is usually the look you'd wear on a lazy day, we say you can wear it whenever you're feeling a little extra, too! For proof, we rounded up a few celebrity-approved breezy updos you can sport when you need a break from beach waves:
1. An updo like Bea Soriano-Dee's complements short bangs by giving it a more polished vibe.
2. Cop Anne Curtis' '90s look by curling your ends before bunching them up at your crown.
3. If a messy knot isn't your thing, gel down your loose strands to add some face-framing structure.
4. In for a throwback? Channel your inner '90s kids with a bunch of small buns up top.
5. If you have fine or straight hair, curl your tresses to add texture before creating a top knot. This will prevent your locks from looking flat!
6. A messy top knot is a classic, and this half-done look on AC Bonifacio is such a chic way to wear it.
7. To make this kind of updo flatter a round face, part your hair on one side and keep the front sections loose to frame your mug.