1. Running late because you have to put makeup on, period.
Let's be real.
Can someone please get rid of humidity already because it's killing good hair days for women everywhere?
3. Worrying about wearing SPF everyday so you don't eventually look like you have leather for skin, but then breaking out from putting on said sunscreen.
4. Deciding you're over your gel mani and picking it off, thereby ruining your nails in the process.
If you really want to part with your gel mani, soak cotton balls in acetone nail polish, place them over your fingertips, and wrap foil around them. Leave this combo on for 10 minutes and then gently push the gel off of your nailbed with an orange stick. See no. 14 for the how-to.
5. Having your nails chip and look terrible when you don't have time to get another mani, take off your polish, or paint over them.
If you're in a pinch and you don't have the same shade handy to reapply, grab a chunky glitter polish (providing you have one nearby) and use that to conceal any chipped parts. Boom: You look instantly put together again.
6. Wet hair when it's cold out.
Leaving your house with wet hair when it's cold out makes your hair less pliable and more prone to breakage. If you're in a rush, try to at least dry your hair a little bit.
7. Having to blow-dry your hair when you're already running late.
You can get away with air-drying your hair if it's warm out, but what if you don't have a wash-and-go style? If you're in a rush and your hair texture requires tools like a boar bristle brush and a dryer to make it look amazing, maybe skip all that styling and create a chic, low knot like this one instead.
8. Hitting snooze too many times, and then having to rush around like you're running through a state of emergency evacuation drill to simply get out of your house looking half put together.
You were just getting your much-needed beauty sleep, which was totally worth the rush, right?
9. Noticing bits of your eyeshadow or mascara have fallen from your lashes onto your cheeks as the day goes on, or that your lower liner has now traveled down your face.
Pro tip: Carry travel-size makeup wipes in your bag to clean up midday.
10. Rushing or just not paying attention, and ending up with mascara on your cheek or tinted moisturizer in your hair.
The struggle is real, people.
11. Doing your makeup in a rush and not blending it in enough (whether it's your concealer, tinted moisturizer, whatever) and having your boyfriend/coworker have to rub it in for you.
At least they didn't lick their finger before they rubbed it in, right?
12. Missing a spot in the back of your head with the straightener.
OK, first of all, it's hard to see what's going on at the back of your head. Plus, if you're single girl or don't have roommates, who's there to help? No one, that's who. Use a hand mirror to double check you've hit all your hair.
13. Having certain hairs that are too short for a bun/ponytail and the insanity that ensues trying to get them into place.
Especially when you don't want a head full of bobby pins or hair that looks like it's been shellacked with hairspray.
14. Getting a new haircut.
When you leave the salon with the beautiful blowout your stylist gave you, but then you're left to figure out how to style it like he/she did for the solid week. Word to the wise: Ask your stylist for a how-to before you step foot out of the salon.
15. Having to lie to your hair colorist that you've been soooo busy at work and life, and that's why you haven't come in for three months, when really it's just because you couldn't afford the highlights until now.
16. Showering in a rush, not rinsing out the shampoo/conditioner from one spot of your hair properly, and then finding a greasy patch as you start blow-drying your hair.
Great, now what? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have two options: Use dry shampoo to help soak up the moisture, or wash again and rinse thoroughly this time.
17. Darkening your eyebrows with eyebrow pencil/powder.
Firstly, no matter what brow poison you pick (pencil or powder), less is always more. Remember, you can always add more tint, but it's super-hard to take it away once it's on. For awesome arches, read this brow-to.
18. Rubbing your eyes when you're wearing eye makeup and then looking like you got punched in the face.
Black mascara + black eyeliner + rubbing your eyes = a recipe for makeup disaster/raccoon eyes.
19. When your makeup and hair are all done but your boyfriend wants to make out or kisses you spontaneously, and all you can think is you don't want to ruin your face.
Does he know how long it took you to create this perfect red lip?
20. When your eye shadow creases.
When you look in the mirror midday to find two separate-looking applications of eye shadow on your eyelid because they're oily, and you didn't bring the color to touch it up, because who does that? If this sounds familiar, apply concealer to your lids before you apply your shadow, so it stays put.
21. Realizing your clothes are going to be hard to put on without messing up your makeup and hair after you're already ready.
Idea: button-down shirt.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.