1. Exfoliate. Incorporate a microfiber cloth into your daily cleansing routine. Use it with your facial wash and massage your face and neck gently with the cloth. You’ll notice that your skin will instantly look brighter and feel softer. #winning
2. Lock in as much moisture as possible. Koreans are known for having skin that looks like it's perpetually glowing. Their secret? Packing on as much moisture as possible. After cleansing and toning, they pat on an essence to add more hydration to their skin. They also use a hydrating CC cream to color-correct their complexion, targeting the natural yellow undertone of the skin that has the tendency to make it look sallow and dull.
3. Mix in a face oil. A lot of celebrity makeup artists swear by adding a few drops of facial oil into their foundation before applying it on their client. Doing this thins out the foundation, making for a smooth and natural-looking application. No cake-faced beauty here!
4. Actually *fake* a glow. Most women skip using highlighter because they fear that it will lead them to look oily (or oiler if they have oily skin!). Truth is, you won’t have to worry about it if a) you use the right type of product, and b) you apply it the right way. If you have dry to normal skin, cream and liquid highlighters will suit you. You can either use your fingers or a makeup sponge to buff it onto your skin. If you have oily skin, use a fluffy natural-haired brush to tap powder highlighter onto the high points of your face. We recommend going for champagne-colored highlighters, as these look REALLY good on everyone.
5. Use a face mist. By midday, use a facial mist to restore moisture on your face and get back your glow. Plus, it’s such an easy way to feel fresh again!
Follow Retty on Instagram.