1. A do-it-all base. Cut down the layers of products on your face by putting on a base that can prime, color-correct, and even out your skin tone. Bonus if it also contains SPF to save you from sun damage!
Try: Laneige BB Cushion SPF50, P1,950, SM Megamall
2. Lip and cheek tint. Instantly add color to your look by using the same product on your puckers and your cheeks.
Try: Benefit ChaCha Tint, P1,800, Rustan’s The Beauty Source
3. A versatile matte taupe or brown eyeshadow or bronzer powder. You can use this product to contour and warm up your skin tone. For the eyes, work some of the product onto your crease to create the illusion of deep set eyes. One product, three (or more) uses!
Try: NYX Matte Bronzer, P350, SM Megamall
4. Multi-purpose oil. Instead of using oil that is specifically targeted for only one area of your skin, try going for one that can be used in multiple ways: for your face, hair, body, hands, and nails.
Try: Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-purpose Dry Oil, P1,750, Beauty Bar
5. A double-ended eye product. Use an eye pencil that comes with both shadow and liner. Use the shadow end to apply a wash of color on your lids and then add a line on your lids using the other end to open up your eyes.
Try: K-Palette Essence in Shadowliner in 04: Pink Brown x Nude Pink, P950, Watsons
6. A metallic nude or champagne cream eye shadow or highlighter. Brighten up your face by using the shimmery product as a highlighter on the high points of your face. Then take your ring finger and pat it onto your lids to cancel out any discoloration. Use whatever product is left and apply it on your brow bone to instantly give your brows a lift! Talk about a sulit product!
Try: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded, P375, Watsons
7. A medium-sized powder brush. Save yourself the trouble of having to use different brushes by using a multi-tasking fluffy face brush to apply your powder, blush, bronzer, and highlighter. Just remember to deep-clean it at least once a week!
Try: T. LeClerc Retractable Powder Brush Pink, P795, Rustan’s The Beauty Source
Follow Retty on Twitter.