Let’s face it, no one has time to do a full face of makeup when you’re rushing from the office to get to the party. Save yourself from the hassle and learn these easy tips to look A+ for the festivities:
1. Refresh your face. If you already have makeup on from the morning, freshen up your look by spritzing on a face mist. Not only will this give your complexion a dewy finish, but it will feel really good, too. You can either let the mist dry on its own or use a tissue and press it against your skin to absorb excess water.
2. Highlight, highlight, highlight. Instantly get that party-ready glow by applying a champagne-colored cream-to-powder highlighter—it can be eyeshadow, too—on your eyelids, cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and forehead. Just remember to blend it properly with your fingers, so you won’t have patches of shimmer on your face.
3. Curl your lashes. If you already have mascara on your lashes from earlier in the day, use your curler again to lift your lashes up and open up your eyes some more. Layer on mascara for a more dramatic look. Don't worry about clumps forming—spidery lashes are still a thing!
4. Use concealer. Get a brightening concealer and apply it on the areas that you feel need extra help. If you notice that your under eye area has dried up and your concealer has creased, use eye cream to rescue and revive the area. Tap some of the product and let it set before retouching with your concealer.
5. Get beach waves in an instant. When you go to work, put your hair in bun. Before you step out of the office, let your hair down and apply volumizing hairspray to keep your beachy waves in place. Another hack you can do is to twist tiny sections of your hair and pin it flat on your head. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes (you can do this en route to the party venue!)—and unpin your curls when you get there.
6. Paint on a bold lip. What party look would be complete without a fun statement lip? We recommend opting for a long-lasting matte lippie that will not budge!
7. Brush up your brows. No need to reapply your brows—we say just brush them up using a clear brow gel to make them look instantly groomed. If you don’t have a brow gel, spritz some hairspray on your spoolie and use that on your arches.
8. Don’t forget the perfume. The last thing you want is to smell bad at a party! Because let’s face it, that’s an instant ganda-killer.
Follow Retty on Instagram.