With how hot it is right now, we know it's tempting to forego wearing makeup altogether. However, take this as our little reminder that not all looks are doomed to evaporate as soon as you step outside. Below, we show you a few non-boring makeup ideas that will last even under the scorching heat. Don't forget to take a selfie!
1. Lipstick doesn't fade as fast as foundation does in the summer, so make it your weapon to amp up your beauty looks. A red lip like Sarah Lahbati's isn't only perfect for special events, you can wear it by the pool, too!
Continue reading below ↓
2. For those who can't live without a cat eye, change up your routine by swapping your dark inks with a waterproof one in a vibrant summer hue. Take cues from Gabbi Garcia's green wing below!
3. If there's one product you need for a summer-ready look, it's cream blush. A flattering peach shade, for one, will work perfectly as an eye and lip tint for a pretty pop of color.
4. More of a cheek tint kind of girl? Like Sofia Andres, use that sheer formula to your advantage and blend it on your cheeks and nose for that fresh, sunkissed vibe without the sunburn.
5. But if you're all about glow, a good highlighter is everything you need. Apply a longwearing formula on top of your cheekbones, cupid's bow, and eyelids for a light-reflecting sheen you can maximize in photos.
6. For an effortless base, use a tinted sunscreen to lightly even out your complexion, protect your skin, and give it a subtle glow. Add a beachy flush with your favorite cheek tint and you're good to go! FYI, Elisse Joson swears by this combo, too.
7. Glitter doesn't seem like it's heatproof, but it can be when it's in the form of a budgeproof eyeshadow stick. Apply a duochrome shade on the center of your eyelids to catch the light like Barbie Imperial.