1. Have them shaped. It’s difficult to fill in unruly eyebrows. Schedule a trip to the brow salon to have your arches threaded and trimmed. There will be pain, but it will be worth it! Here's everything you need to know about brow threading.
2. Maintain them. In between appointments, you can pluck and trim your brows yourself to keep them neat. Not sure how often you should pluck? Read this.
3. Got sparse brows? Consider getting semi-permanent brow extensions. Not everyone is gifted with thick, easy-to-shape brows, but there are ways to still score the arches of your dreams. You should check out Browhaus’ “Brow Resurrection” procedure. Read more about brow extensions here.
4. If you have dark hair, your brows have to be one or two shades lighter. Here are three ways to lighten your brows.
5. For annoying bald spots that your brow products cannot just seem to cling on to, use a bit of concealer. Here’s how to do it!
6. Know the right type of product for your brows. For women with thick brows, powder products are your best bet. If you have really thin brows, go for liquid-to-powder brow products. Find out what products will work for you here.
7. Contour your brows. So your arches won’t look flat, use two slightly different shades of brow powders to fill in your brows, like this.
8. Get natural-looking brows by using a spoolie! Brush your brows upward and outward. Celebrity makeup artists swear by this trick. If you don’t own a spoolie, you can also use a clean toothbrush. Or a comb!
Follow Retty on Twitter.