Every girl who's not a morning person desperately wishes they can cut down their A.M. routine in half to sneak in more snooze time. That said, one of the procedures you can get to skip a big step in your regimen would be eyelash extensions. Your eyes will look bigger and more awake, thanks to the individual mink hairs glued to the base of your lashes. You can skip the lash curler and mascara. But, getting it done all the time will actually cause your real lashes to grow thin and brittle. They don't come cheap, too—each session will set you back almost P3,000.
There is a procedure, however, that promises to give you ~volume~ without sacrificing any hairs. Introducing: Eyelash lift. You get the semi-permanent curl and lift without damaging your lashes. Interested? Keep on reading to know more about this beauty treatment:
What does an eyelash lift treatment do?
An eyelash lift is essentially a perm for your lashes. It uses a special chemical to set the shape of your natural lashes to keep them curled.
With eyelash extensions, individual silk or mink hairs are glued to the base of your lash line to give you the effect of fuller lashes. It has a tendency to look clumpy or heavy when too many hairs are placed. On the other hand, eyelash lifts will merely enhance the shape of your natural lashes. It's also great for curling your outer lashes because they can really make all the difference in giving you a ~lifted~ look.
What's the difference between eyelash lift and eyelash extensions?
- An eyelash lift can last you six to eight weeks, while extensions are only good for three to four weeks before they start shedding.
- Eyelash extensions use a strong glue to stick the hairs to your lash line, while an eyelash lift merely boosts your natural lashes.
- If you love a ~*dramatic*~ look, eyelash extensions are the way to go. If you just want to enhance your natural lashes, go for a lift.
- Getting eyelash extensions can last up to two hours, depending on your chosen style. A lift will only take 45 minutes to an hour.
What can I expect from a lash lift procedure?
- First, your lashes will be cleansed to make sure they're free from any dirt or debris.
- The lash aesthetician will attach your lashes on a curved silicone mold using non-toxic glue.
- Every hair is brushed to give you a nice fanned-out effect.
- The perm solution is then applied to your lashes and is left there for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, the perm solution is wiped away and the setting solution is applied. This will re-harden the lashes so that they will take the shape and form of the curved silicone mold.
- Once the setting solution is removed, an oil or conditioning solution is applied to your eyelashes. A lash tint may also be done to add more depth to your eyelashes and make them look fuller.
How do I take care of lifted lashes?
- Avoid rubbing your eyes—this will cause your permed eyelashes to lose their shape.
- During the first 48 hours, try sleeping on your back to prevent the hairs from getting scrunched up.
- Don't get your lashes wet for the first 24 hours to avoid washing away the solution.
- Brush your lashes daily using a spoolie to keep the hairs separated.
- If you want to give your lifted lashes a bit more oomph, you can apply mascara on them. Just make sure to use an oil-free formula to avoid wearing down the solution.
Where can I get lash lift services?
Strokes Eye Beauty Studio
Address: Unit 114 G/F Greenbelt 1, Paseo de Roxas, Ayala Center, Makati
Contact number: 0916 774 9497
Skin House Beauty and Laser Clinic
Address: 2/F 8006 Pioneer Street corner United Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig
Contact number: 0917 829 0990
Address: 4/F Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center, Makati City
Contact number: 501-3998
Can I DIY an eyelash lift?
Yes. There are a lot of eyelash lifting kits available on the internet right now, but as always, it's always better to let trained professionals do it. If you'll be going the DIY route, make sure to read the instructions before proceeding.
Coucou Lash Lift Eyelash Perming Kit
This all-in-one-package comes with four lotions, one adhesive, five lift pads, and a cleaning tool. This DIY kit is available in the Prettyholic Store on Lazada.
Coucou Lash Lift Eyelash Perming Kit, P750, Prettyholic StoreContinue reading below ↓
ICONSIGN Lash Lift Eyelash Perming Kit
This DIY kit contains a tube of glue, perming solution, fixing solution, nutrition solution, and a cleanser. It also comes with five pairs of silicone molds and a clean off tool to remove residue. It is available in the store of Dpageone on Lazada.
ICONSIGN Lash Lift Eyelash Perming Kit, P1,500, DpageoneContinue reading below ↓
Watch this helpful video to see how to properly use a DIY lash lift kit:
Follow Cheska on Instagram.
Follow Cosmo PH Beauty on Instagram.