Your eyes say so much about you. Here, some tips on how you can cheat your way into looking like you had a good night’s sleep, even if actually cried your eyes out the night before:
1. Cool it. Place some ice cubes in a Ziploc bag and use this to soothe your eyes. The cold temperature of the ice will help with the swelling and puffiness. Do this for a few minutes.
2. Hydrate. Use a moisture-rich eye cream and pat it on your under eye. Remember, having dry under eyes only makes you look more tired, and that is the last thing you want to look like.
3. Massage it. Get the blood flowing in your eye area by gently massaging it with your ring finger! This will also help your skin to absorb your skincare and makeup better.
4. Correct and conceal. Do not make the mistake of choosing a concealer that is too light for your skin tone. Instead, pick one that is only one shade lighter, so you won’t have to deal with an awful-looking white shadow under your eyes. (It’s called the reverse-raccoon effect, get it?) If your under-eye area looks really bad, use color-correcting concealers. Pink-toned concealers will neutralize your dark under-eye area if you have light skin, while a peach-toned one will work for medium to dark skin tones.
5. Use a champagne eyeliner. Instead of using stark white eyeliner to open up your peepers, try a shimmery champagne color instead. This will add a bit of sparkle and glow. You can also use a wash of a cream eye shadow of the similar shade all over your lid.
6. Curl and coat. Finally, curl your lashes and apply a few coats of your favorite mascara. Doing this will prevent your lashes from casting a shadow on your under-eye area.
7. Smile! Now no one has to know that you bawled your eyes out last night.
Follow Retty on Twitter.