On days when you want to give your face a break from foundation, try these lightweight makeup products to fake a clear, smooth complexion. We also reveal the ~special~ skincare secret you should know to get rid of scars and discoloration so you can finally go bare-faced with confidence!
1. If you want a flawless face sans foundation, dab a pigmented concealer on blemishes and dark circles.
Revlon Colorstay Concealer, Robinsons Department Store
2. An illuminating base can bring out your skin’s glow and hide a dull, ashy-toned complexion.
Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance, P1,550, Rustan’s The Beauty Source
3. For large pores and pimple scars, a putty-like primer can smoothen out the skin’s texture.
Banila Co Primer Blur, P1,090, Glorietta
4. A layer of CC Cream provides the right amount of color-correction (hence its name!) while letting your real skin peek through.
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30, P1,950, Beauty Bar
5. Of course, the one true answer to skipping foundation is by having an immaculate complexion. Aside from a consistent, daily skincare regimen, reduce scars and lighten dark spots through gentle chemical peels. Your dermatologist or facialist can do this for you, or you can DIY it with a product with BHA, AHA, or glycolic acid.
Pixi Glow Peel Pads, P1,390, Glamourbox.ph
Follow Ira on Instagram.