Let’s get straight to the point: Oily skin needs a moisturizer. A major reason why you get so shiny before lunchtime is because your face thinks you need the extra dew. Overactive oil glands can be tamed by using the right hydrating product.
Here are some you can try to restore balance in your complexion:
1. Since this is a spin-off of Clinique’s best-selling moisturizer (Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion) made for oily skin, you are guaranteed that this derma-approved, gentle formula will give your face proper hydration without ever getting slick.
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, P880, SM Makati
2. You’ll love the refreshing feel of this gel moisturizer once it touches your face. It helps control shine, too!
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer, Greenbelt 5
3. This moisturizer can help you stop worrying about your oily skin and pimples. It has salicylic acid that unclogs pores, and Acnacidol™ BG that stops acne-causing bacteria from multiplying.
Celeteque Acne Solutions Acne Clearing Moisturizing Gel, P335, SM Store
4. This lightweight moisturizer doesn’t leave a sticky feel; it also soothes any redness in your complexion.
Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Mega Mushroom Soothing Face Lotion, SM Makati
5. While this mask is not meant for daily use, it can help lessen your skin’s oil production.
23.5N Oriental Beauty Tea Balancing Gel Mask, P1,550, Beauty Bar
6. Refine your pores and even out the skin’s surface with this radiance-boosting gel moisturizer.
Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Gel Moisturizer, Rustan’s The Beauty Source
7. This ultra-hydrating cream contains 92% snail mucin extract that can aid in healing blemishes.
COSRx Advanced Snail 92 All In One Cream, P1,100, SM Store
Follow Ira on Instagram.