There's something about watermelons that reminds us of blue beaches and the sun on our bronzed skin. And since we're a tropical country, we have an abundance of it that we can consume year-round—for DIY sheet masks, that is!
Sarah Lee and Christine Chang of Glow Recipe told Vogue that they were inspired by the recipes they grew up with that used the fruit's effectiveness to soothe rashes, acne, and sunburns.
Here is a simple recipe that you can try if you ever have any leftover watermelons at home:
Glow Recipe DIY Watermelon-Rind Mask
1. Slice watermelon into discs and quarters, creating 2-inch-thick triangular wedges.
2. Remove pink flesh so that only a hint of it remains on the rind (save for snacking hehe).
3. Chill rind in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
4. Using a knife, carefully slice the rind into paper-thin pieces and apply directly to irritated skin until the cooling sensation subsides.
5. Now you can eat the remaining cubes while wearing your watermelon mask!
Follow Tisha on Instagram.