1. Should I give up?/Or should I just keep chasin' pavements/Even if it leads nowhere?
From: “Chasing Pavements”
Your guy probably has this on loop when busting out a sweat while running. Even when he feels like giving up on that nth mile, the angelic voice of Adele pushes him to go further. #beastmode
2. The scars of your love remind me of us/They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
From: "Rolling In The Deep"
He hums this catchy tune in his head as he stares at that ugly ass tattoo he got baring your name. Across his chest. In Helvetica. #walangforever
3. So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me/No, I won't rescue you to just desert me/I can't give you the heart you think you gave me/It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
From: "Turning Tables"
After an impacho-inducing Chinese laureate, this empowering ballad takes on a totally different meaning: NO MORE CHOW FAN RICE, NIDO SOUP, AND SWEET AND SOUR PORK ON LAZY SUSANS!
4. But I won't go/I can't do it on my own/If this ain't love, then what is?/I'm willing to take the risk
From: "He Won’t Go"
Trust, as you’re throwing his clothes out the door and yelling, “Lumayas ka na!” after a huge squabble, he’s secretly psyching himself up with the help of this stubborn siren song.
5. But there's a side to you/That I never knew, never knew/All the things you'd say/They were never true, never true,/And the games you play/You would always win, always win
From: "Set Fire To The Rain"
If a man’s ever been cheated on or discovered that his girl’s secretly been hooking up with random dudes on Tinder, he knows what this song is all about.
6. I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited/But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it/I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded/That for me it isn't over
From: "Someone Like You"
His anthem for when he’s begging to be let back into the house after you oh-so-unashamedly kicked him to the curb (See: Number 4)!
7. But we had time against us/Miles between us/The heavens cried/I know I left you speechless
From: "I’ll Be Waiting"
Three letters: LDR!
8. All of these words whispered in my ear/Tell a story that I cannot bear to hear/Just 'cause I said it, it don't mean that I meant it
From: "Rumor Has It"
He’ll try to trick you into getting back into the sack with him by uttering these seductive lines.
9. Maybe you got too used to/Well, having me around/Still how can you walk away/From all my tears?/It's gonna be an empty road/Without me right here
From: "Take It All"
This is his post-breakup-and-still-trying-to-get-over-the-hurt mantra. If he can relate to this then it’s obvs, you broke up with him and not the other way around.
10. Hello, it's me/I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet/To go over everything/They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing
Anyone who has ever had to deal with the collateral damage a romantic relationship provides knows what Adele means with this one. No wonder the song went viral right away. This is the tune playing in every quaint café where he and the former girl have a semi-decent convo in. In reality, the former flames just return their stuff to each other, rather than make amends.