We caught up with Sam Milby last month and asked him about his plans for 2014. He shared, “I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions because I think every day should be a new year’s resolution. It has to be an everyday decision.” We couldn't agree more, Sam.
Check out his bucket list below!
1. “Travel more.”
2. “Spend more time with my family. My dad is turning 80 years old this year. He lives in the States, so sobrang bihira na nagha-hang out kami. He’s getting older, so I really want to spend more time with him and my mom. It’s really important for me to make time for them.”
3. “I want to travel with my parents. My dad wants to spend Labor Day in the States.”
4. “Work out more. I’ve become a bit lazy when it comes to working out.”
5. “Time management. I’ve never been good with that. I need to plan out my days better.”
6. “Get out of my comfort zone. I think that’s my theme for 2014. You know the quote, 'Your life begins at the end of your comfort zone?' I really believe that. I want to push myself more to the limit and develop my potential.”
7. “Yung goal ko this year ay talagang pag nagsasalita ako, dire-diretso at walang hint ng slang. By the end of this year, sana talagang dalubhasa na ako sa Tagalog. Magaling na magaling at mahusay. 'Yun ang sagabal sa acting career ko ever since. Ayoko naman paulit-ulit ang roles ko, palagi na lang Inglisero. Ako din, napapagod na. I blame myself because I didn’t push myself [enough] before. There are some people na madali lang talagang matuto ng lingwahe. For me, it’s really hard. I really want to learn. Gusto kong gawin ang isang role na Filipino talaga, parang galing probinsya. Gusto kong patunayin sa mga tao na kaya ko. Gusto kong ma-experience yung kakaiba na roles. Bi-polar yung character ko sa Wag Ka Nang Mawawala, so I’m going in that direction. I want to play the gray characters, kahit kontrabida.”
8. “Give more time to my hobbies, mga pang-bawas ng stress. I do motor cross. I’ve been doing it since I was 11. It’s my favorite sport, but I haven’t done it in maybe eight months. It gives me so much joy. It’s an extremely dangerous sport, but the adrenaline rush that I get from it makes it worth it.”
9. “I really want to get back in the music scene. I think I really lost a lot of confidence pag dating sa music. I don’t write anymore, so I want to start writing again. Study more in terms of performing. I also want to do a small concert and make another album.”
10. “Get into more businesses. It was my first time investing in a German resto-pub called Prost [Braumeister] in the Fort Strip. It’s doing well and I’m happy with that. It’s a big learning experience for me and I want to learn and explore more, and see what other opportunities there are in terms of [investments].”
Special thanks to Karen Pagsolingan of PEP.ph