1. "I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let's face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what's sexy, and men define what's feminine. It's ridiculous.
2. "When I'm not feeling my best I ask myself, 'What are you gonna do about it?' I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me."
3. "I'm a workaholic and I don't believe in 'No.' If I'm not sleeping, nobody's sleeping."
4. "Take all the rules away. How can we live if we don't change?"
5. "The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you're never too good to lose. You're never too big to lose. You're never too smart to lose. It happens."
6. "It is so liberating to really know what I want, what truly makes me happy, what I will not tolerate. I have learned that it is no one else's job to take care of me but me."
7. "The more you mature, you realize that these imperfections make you more beautiful."
8. "We all have our imperfections. But I'm human and you know, it's important to concentrate on other qualities besides outer beauty."
9. "[A true diva is] graceful, and talented, and strong, and fearless and brave and someone with humility."
10. "We have to teach our boys the rules of equality and respect, so that as they grow up gender equality becomes a natural way of life. And we have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible."
11. "I felt like it was time to set up my future, so I set a goal. My goal was independence."
12. "I'm over being a pop star. I don't wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic."
13. "I'm learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world."