After months of speculation, the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele have finally been cast for the highly-anticipated film adaptation of E.L. James' Fifty Shades of Grey!
We were initially bummed that our favorites Matt Bomer, Ian Somerhalder, and Robert Pattinson didn't make the cut, but after doing our research, we realized Charlie Hunnam (Christian Grey) and Dakota Johnson (Anastasia Steele) might be perfect for the parts after all. Not only are they both good looking, but they have the acting chops to back it up too!
Here are 5 things you need to know about Dakota and Charlie:
1. Acting runs in 23-year-old Dakota Joshnson's blood. She is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
2. Dakota has had small parts in movies like The Social Network (she even had a love scene with Justin Timberlake!), Beastly, 21 Jump Street, and The Five-Year Engagement.
3. Charlie Hunnam is British. He also shares the same name as Christian Grey's helicopter, Charlie Tango. Is it fate?
4. You may remember the 33-year-old as the hottie from Pacific Rim. He has also appeared in the TV show Sons of Anarchy.
5. Charlie is a multi-talented man. Aside from being an actor, he is also a scriptwriter (he wrote the screenplay for Vlad, a Dracula-based script, which was purchaed by Brad Pitt's production company Plan B and Summit Entertainment). He also earned a degree in the performing arts from Cumbria College of Art and Design in the UK.
What do you think of Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam as the lead characters of Fifty Shades of Grey? Sound off by commenting below!