ICYMI, Alex Gonzaga's latest single, "Please Lang," is part of the Himig Handog 2019 competition! The official music video came out on August 30 and it features Alex and a friend settling down for a girls' night in and binge-watching classic Filipino movies. Alex then ~recreates~ these films, with the costumes and set design being totally on-point!
Here, we broke down all the scenes from the cult-classic movies that Alex featured in her new MV:
1. Bobbie and the family's dramatic confrontation scene from Four Sisters And A Wedding (2013)
"Bakit parang kasalanan ko?" Seriously, we have to STOP. BLAMING. BOBBIE.
2. Primo and George planning their future in The Hows Of Us (2018)
The couple shares a super sweet moment while they envision a comfy space for their near-empty house. Primo (Daniel Padilla) talks about being a famous rock star while George (Kathryn Bernardo) sees herself as a doctor!
3. Ginny regretting that she broke up with Marco in Starting Over Again (2014)
In the movie, Ginny (Toni Gonzaga) debates whether to delete Marco's (Piolo Pascual) email or not. She blames herself for letting her pride get the best of her because now, Marco has a new girlfriend!
4. Athena and Kenji's epic first meeting from She's Dating The Gangster (2014)
Athena (Kathryn Bernardo) is listening to an Eraserheads song when Kenji (Daniel Padilla) and his friends arrive on skateboards and he crashes into her. Enraged, Athena throws a book at him and yells "Gangster!"
5. Popoy and Basha's "under the kumot" scene in One More Chance (2007)
6. The climax scene of horror film Feng Shui (2004)
In this scene, Joy (Kris Aquino) comes face-to-face with the spirit who's haunting the bagwa!
7. Irene receiving love notes from Apollo in My Amnesia Girl (2010)
In order to win her back, Apollo (John Lloyd Cruz) writes a thousand "love notes" for Irene (Toni Gonzaga) and covers her house with them!
Follow Lily on Instagram.