Hello and welcome to everyone who loves BTS...so, literally everyone here, right? If RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook have stolen your heart, first of all, get in line. Second of all, enjoy these little-known facts about your faves.
1. Jimin is a Libra.
In case you care, which you definitely do. This is good news for everyone except Cancers and Capricorns who aren't compatible with Libras, according to the stars, so...thank u, next.
2. RM learned English by watching Friends.
Which is clearly all the proof we need to know for sure that listening to the musings of Chandler Bing totally counts as education. Take that, mom.
3. V is Ambidextrous.
Which means he can write with both his left and right hands. Unlike the rest of us mere mortals who foolishly can only use one hand.
4. RM's initials stand for "Rap Monster."
If you already knew this one, don't @ me. His real name is Kim Nam Joon.
5. RM is a huge reading nerd.
Which means you should probably be one, too. *stares woefully at stack of books on nightstand, puts on Netflix instead*
6. J-Hope's dad is a literature teacher.
Speaking of reading! #TheMoreYouKnow
7. Jimin's favorite number is 3.
Don't you dare tell me this isn't an interesting fact. ALL BTS FACTS ARE INTERESTING, OKAY?!
8. If Suga wasn't in BTS, he'd still be making music (don't worry).
In fact, once upon a time, he said, "If I wasn't a rapper, I would probably be a composer because I love music so much."
9. Jungkook is low-key afraid of microwaves.
Apparently, he thinks they could explode at any given moment, which...fair. The microwaves are bound to rise up against us at some point.
10. J-Hope is the only member of BTS who doesn't have pierced ears.
This is because he wants to "keep the purity of them." We must protect J-Hope's earlobes at all costs.
11. Jimin has a scar above his right eye.
Granted, it's teeny-tiny and barely perceptible. But real ones know.
12. Speaking of scars, Jungkook has one on his left cheek.
It's from fighting with his brother over using the computer. Relatable to those of us who grew up in a family with two kids and one screen.
13. Suga used to go by the name "Gloss."
BTS's most lovable rapper (his given name is Min Yoon Gi) went by Gloss in the underground rap scene before changing over to Suga.
14. Jimin is one of the only BTS members who uses his real name.
But fun fact: He was almost given the stage name "Baby G" before opting out. Kinda love it, TBH.
15. Did you know V plays the saxophone?
And he's, like, extremely good? Well, now ya do.
16. The band always went by a different name.
It's hard to imagine calling BTS anything other than, well, BTS, but they were *this* close to going by Big Kidz (um, no, absolutely not) and Young Nation.
17. Jungkook apparently rakes the longest time in the bathroom.
So, um, okay. File this under: things you really never needed to know.
18. Apparently, Jimin can't eat a ton of spicy food.
Same, Jimin. Same.
19. BTS used to live in one room together.
This was back in ye olden days before they were mega-stars, of course. They still spend a ton of time together. "Everyone gathers together," RM said. "It's like an agora in ancient Greece: We gather and we ask: 'What happened?'"
20. Jin once cut his own bangs.
With a pair of kitchen scissors, no less, and filmed the entire thing in the mirror with his iPhone (which, yes, had a Givenchy case).
21. V's parents have two adorable nicknames for him.
Prepare to melt: "baby bear" and "honey bear." I'm genuinely dead.
22. Jungkook wants to be a tattoo artist.
You know, if this whole BTS world domination thing doesn't work out. I volunteer my arms in tribute.
23. Suga writes around 200 songs a day.
Which I think we can all agree is insanely impressive.
24. J-Hope used to wear braces.
So if you, too, used to wear braces: You are not alone, friend.
25. RM named his dog "Rap Mon."
Which is obviously the best fact about him. No other fact on this list can compete.
26. BTS produces their own music.
Believe it or not (note: you better believe it). This means they compose, write, edit, and record all their songs. Dang.
27. Jungkook once ate six cups of ramen noodles in one sitting.
I wish I could act like this is an impressive feat I am shocked by, but let's be real: I've done this.
28. If V had a superpower, it'd be teleporting.
So that he could go visit his family—and if that isn't the sweetest, most pure thing in the world, I don't know what is.
29. RM used to go by another name.
He was known as "Runch Randa" in the Korean underground scene before his BTS days. In related news, I am still going by the boring name I was born with.
30. RM and Halsey have a secret handshake.
And, yes, you should be jealous.
31. Behold, Halsey and RM's secret handshake (You. Are. Very. Welcome.).
32. V chews while he sleeps.
Well, maybe he's just grinding his teeth. It's unclear. But, same, due to never not thinking about food.
33. Fans of BTS call themselves "The ARMY."
Which iconically stands for "Adorable Representative M.C. for Youth." But you already knew this, right?
34. Suga used to live that Catholic school life.
If you're a former Catholic school student, you aren't alone. You guys have so much in common, wow.
35. Suga has a very common "bad" habit.
He bites his nails all the time—and it's actually extremely endearing, if you ask me.
36. J-Hope used to be into street dancing.
This won't be a surprise to those of you who have seen his ~dance skills~ but before joining BTS, he was in a street dance group called Neutron.
37. BTS was the first K-pop group ever to get their very own Twitter emojis.
Side note: The most tweeted about BTS songs are "DNA," "Spring Day," "Not Today," "I Need U," and "Fire.”
38. Jungkook's stage name was supposed to be "Seagull."
Hi, this has been an important life update, goodbye.
39. V absolutely loves jazz and classical music.
So great news, he's going to get along super-well with your dad at dinner.
40. Suga used to be a delivery boy.
And once he was hit by a car. Dude ended up dislodging his shoulder in the accident!
41. They're obsessed with their fans.
"The fans gave us the wings that allow us to be where we are," V said. "That's why we have that special relationship."
42. J-Hope almost left the group.
This was before they debuted. And the incident made Jungkook cry. Like, UNACCEPTABLE, J-Hope!
43. Suga hates horror films.
Boy after my own terrified heart.
44. V once had a major hair fail.
He accidentally cut his real hair off while he was supposed to be cutting a wig. Deeply relatable.
45. RM is a self-avowed atheist.
And believes that only he can determine his fate.
46. V made his acting debut in 2017.
It was in a drama called Hwarang. He was the first member of BTS to get his ~drama~ on. Give! This! Man! An! Oscar!
47. Jin also has some serious acting chops.
V might be the professional actor in the group, but please be advised that Jin can cry on cue. Genuinely jealous of that life skill.
48. They can quite literally communicate without words.
Jimin confirmed this, saying they've "reached the point where we can communicate wordlessly, basically just by watching each other and reading the expressions."
49. BTS was originally going to make very different music.
There's no genre that BTS doesn't dominate, but they were originally supposed to be a hip-hop group.
50. Jimin is trained in modern dance.
He studied at the Busan High School of Arts before being unveiled as a member of BTS, and honestly, his skills are unparalleled.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.