Here's your update on the Barretto family feud, everyone. So last night, October 22, Marjorie Barretto was on TV Patrol for an exclusive and explosive interview with Karen Davila. The interview was 18 minutes long, so there was A LOT of information to digest. Here are a few points to take note of:
2. "Everything was orchestrated," said Marjorie—from the arrival of Atong with Gretchen at Barretto patriarch Miguel Barretto's wake to Atong's camp allegedly tipping off Nicole to leave the room before their arrival.
3. Marjorie's mother Inday Barretto was allegedly feeling ill on the day of the birthday celebration of their dad Miguel, and that's why she wasn't present at the party.
4. It was allegedly Gretchen and not Marjorie who had a nervous breakdown at the wake. Gretchen also reportedly "beat up" her niece Nicole.
5. The father of Marjorie's youngest child, Erich, is former Caloocan Mayor Recom Echiverri.
After Marjorie's interview, the youngest Barretto sibling, Claudine, went on air on DZMM Teleradyo to tell her side of the story. TL;DR: Claudine basically refuted Marjorie's version of the incidents.
1. Marjorie was allegedly the one who was disrespectful and emotional when President Rodrigo Duterte asked Gretchen and Marjorie to make amends.
2. Nicole was allegedly the one who attacked first, which started the fight.
3. Gretchen allegedly only fought back and defended herself towards the end of the fight.
But Claudine also focused on an issue that Marjorie didn't bring up in her interview: The involvement of Claudine's niece and Marjorie's daughter, Julia, in the fight. The Barretto family fight happened on the night of October 16, when Gretchen, Atong, and Pres. Duterte attended the wake. But ANOTHER fight happened the day after, October 17, and according to Claudine, it involved her, Marjorie, and Julia. During the radio interview, Claudine said the fight was triggered by the attendance of a member of the press at the wake. Marjorie allegedly suspected that Claudine and Gretchen invited the reporter. "Pinagpipilitan ni Marjorie na pinadala [yung press]," said Claudine.
Marjorie's emotions escalated that night when she reportedly found out that Gretchen did an interview with the media. She allegedly went to their mother Inday and started screaming about it. Claudine also said that Marjorie "taunted" her about her anxiety disorder, which she only laughed off. This allegedly set Marjorie off even more.
"So napikon na siya kasi pinagtatawanan na lang namin. Tapos nakaupo ako noon and sabi niya, 'Ano lalaban ka? Lalaban ka?' So tumayo ako. Sabi ko, 'Oo, lalaban ako,'" Claudine said.
She then added that their verbal argument became physical at this point: "Dinuro niya ako sa ulo…Ayon na, sinampal ko siya talaga. Nagsabunutan kami…'Wag mo akong gaganyanin, lalo pa't nandoon yung mga anak ko."
Julia's name was then brought up because she was also allegedly present during the confrontation of Claudine and Marjorie. Claudine tearfully recalled the incident, and said, "Alam mo yung masakit sa akin, parang alam ko na ang pakiramdam na yung anak mo ay saktan ka nang ganun. Pinalaki mo."
Claudine then confirmed that Julia shouted curse words at her and hurt her physically.
"Pano ba nila ide-deny nila 'yon? Actually may video e. 'Yan yung ilalabas ni Gretchen, yung video na 'yon. So makikita nila, magsisinungaling sila sa hangga't gusto nila," Claudine said.
"Kaya I don't understand her saying, 'It's not my battle.' It's YOUR battle. You were the one who laid your hands on the person who you call 'mama.'"
Claudine spoke in reference to Julia's previous interview when she talked about not being involved in the Barretto family feud: "Wala po kasi akong kinalaman diyan e. Hindi ko po masasagot yung mga tanong tungkol sa kanila kasi nga po, it's not my battle. Hindi ko po siya laban."
After the alleged physical altercation with Julia, Claudine was then rushed to St. Luke's Global Center in BGC. This was when the picture of Claudine in the hospital circulated on social media.
"Ayoko na sanang ilabas 'to. Tahimik na ako—especially for Julia—because whatever people say, my heart breaks 'pag nasasaktan siya. Kaya nasasaktan din ako e. Parang akong nanay na nagtatampo, nagagalit."