- James Yap finally breaks his silence with a solid statement: “Mayen is not my girlfriend.” The cager defended the always controversial Kris Aquino’s reaction to allegations that he was having an affair, saying “Hindi ko naman mabi-blame si Kris na mag-react ng ganoon.” He tells ABS-CBN News, “May karapatan siya mag-react ng ganoon dahil asawa niya ako.”
- Young heartthrob Rayver Cruz denies being a bad influence on showbiz sweetheart Sarah Geronimo. “Alam naman natin kung gaano kabait at gaanong ka-masunurin [si Sarah],” he told ABS-CBN News, amid rumors and unsubstantiated reports that he’s been making the good girl go bad and encouraging her to rebel against her parents. He feels terrible that Sarah’s being given a bad rap on his account.
- Raymond Gutierrez and his BFF Georgina Wilson “tweeted” that they ran into Jinkee Pacquiao and her entourage outside Hermes, loaded down with ten bags of luxury goods, naturally! Looks like Mrs. Pacman’s been enjoying her husband’s winnings. But Raymond also reports that Jinkee was a total sweetheart, and that she loved her Preview cover!
- Senator Tito Sotto’s youngest daughter, Ciara Sotto, tied the knot last weekend with a gorgeous 1940s-inspired wedding at the Westfield Manila Polo Club in Forbes Park, Makati. She married her beau, Jojo Oconer, in a gown designed by her good friend, Mich Dulce. In attendance were showbiz superstars and political powers, like Megastar Sharon Cuneta and her husband, Sen. Kiko Pangilinan. Truly an affair to remember!
- Did you see the Cebu Inmates’ Michael Jackson-inspired dance numbers on YouTube? Guess what? Michael Jackson saw them, too! The late King of Pop reportedly watched the videos during rehearsals for This Is It and absolutely loved them, with his choreographer, Travis Payne, saying that the videos “gave him so much joy.”
- Pitchfork reports that legendary Talking Heads frontman David Byrne, Fatboy Slim, and tons of famous musician friends like Santigold, Tori Amos, and Cyndi Lauper came together to record a concept album about…Imelda Marcos? Really! Here Lies Love is about the life of the former First Lady of the Philippines, set to be released in February this year.
- It seems Luis Manzano wants Angel Locsin back—but it’s not going to be easy! PEP reports that Luis expressed interest in rekindling their relationship when he learned that CNN Hero of the Year Efren Penaflorida is allegedly courting his ex-girlfriend. And the feeling might be mutual! So far, he’s been taking it slow. “Hopefully, with a fresh start, everything turns out well,” he says.
- There’s trouble brewing in footballer and Celebrity Duets contestant Phil Younghusband’s life, as he reportedly just lost two of his major endorsements because of a breach of contract. Uh-oh!
- Hollywood star Jessica Alba doesn’t care about her cellulite and neither should you! The actress reportedly loves her post-pregnancy imperfections. (Honor Marie, her daughter with film producer Cash Warren, is now 18 months old.) “I’ve learned to love my stretch marks,” Alba says. “Pregnancy was the most incredible experience I’ve ever had. If you walk around with your head held high and you’re happy and positive, then all that other stuff is irrelevant.”
- Broadway hit RENT is coming to Manila! Boy Abunda reports that the Tony award-winning musical is being staged next month at the RCBC Plaza in Makati City . Any familiar stars on the cast? Philippine Idol alum and GMA talent Gian Magdangal!
Continue reading below ↓
Continue reading below ↓