- MTV Asia reports that The Killers have canceled their Asia tour dates, including the upcoming Manila concert that was slated for this Sunday, January 31. The band gave no specific reasons for the sudden cancellation, only saying that they “deeply apologize to their fans and hope to be able to reschedule the shows soon.” Wondering how to get your tickets refunded? Check out Spot for more information.
- Has director James Cameron sunk his own ship? Is his visual extravaganza Avatar going to completely blow his epic romance Titanic's box office record out of the water? Its $1.841 billion (yes, billion!) haul says yes! Cameron must be very pleased...and very, very rich.
- One of Hollywood's most gorgeous golden boys has a heart of gold. Leonardo DiCaprio donated $1 million dollars to the Clinton-Bush Haiti Fund, which is one of the beneficiaries for the Hope For Haiti telethon fundraiser. Who else donated big bucks to Haiti? Brangelina, $1 million; Sandra Bullock, $1 million; and Leo's supermodel ex-girlfriend, Gisele Bundchen, $1.5 million!
- The 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards were held on Saturday, January 23, 2010. Who were the big winners? Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds bagged the award for Outstanding Cast. Sandra Bullock won Best Female Lead for The Blind Side, the kids of Glee won Best Ensemble Performance in a Comedy Series, and 30 Rock won big with both Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey snagging the acting honors for Best Performance in a Comedy Series.
- The Material Girl just did some major modeling for fashion powerhouse Dolce and Gabbana. Madonna, still fabulous at 51, is the face of their latest ad campaign.
- Outgoing US Ambassador Kristie Kenney is torn between two heartthrobs, Sam Milby and Piolo Pascual! She was asked to hypothetically pick a Filipino actor to take with her to the US, and she just could not choose between such gorgeous guys. Who can blame her? Ambassador Kenney's time in the Philippines ends today, January 25.
- The talented Sid Lucero might appreciate praise for his acting chops, but he says he likes criticism better! "What's more important to me is kapag kini-criticize ako. For me, it's supposed to help me more sa craft ko," he tells PEP.
- After a 2009 packed with work, work, and more work, lovebirds Ryan Agoncillo and Judy Anne Santos are planning a month-long second honeymoon this summer. One of their agendas for this romantic escape? Trying for a baby!
- The O.C.’s Mischa Barton is being sued by her landlord for refusing to pay the $7000-a-month rent on her NYC apartment. We know her new show, The Beautiful Life, was canned after two episodes, but the situation can’t be that bad, right? Barton has missed three months’ worth of rent on her Tribeca flat.
- Funny men Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are set to co-host the 82nd Academy Awards on March 7, 2010. “I am happy to co-host the Oscars with my enemy Alec Baldwin,” Steve Martin jokes.
Continue reading below ↓
Continue reading below ↓