- Some Gossip Girl fans may still be hoping for a happy ending for Dan and Serena, but we might not see the same in real life for the two actors who play them, Penn Badgley and Blake Lively. According to a rep for both actors, they just ended their three-year romance. There was no breakup drama to speak of for the ex-couple, though--at least in public. An insider reported that it was business as usual on the set of Gossip Girl—nothing felt off, there was no awkwardness, and, we hope, no death threats.
- Even if she doesn't really try, Lady Gaga just keeps making history (but of course, we know she wants that!). She recently became YouTube's first "billionaire," as she set a new record of one billion views on YouTube. Justin Bieber is not too far behind, with around 962 million. J-Bieb's fans may probably make him catch up with Gaga's numbers soon, but it's set in cyber-stone: Gaga hit the one billion mark first.
- Is President Noynoy Aquino dating his stylist Liz Uy? After his rumored breakup with Valenzuela City councilor Shalani Soledad, the entire nation seems to be watching for updates on his love life and the women who get linked to him. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but sources say that P-Noy and Liz were spotted dining in a Chinese restaurant with his family, and that he was such a gentleman to her.
- Regardless of his efforts to stay away from crazy rumors, John Lloyd Cruz is now caught in another controversy. There are speculations that while he was already in a relationship with Shaina Magdayao, he still calls his rumored old flame, Ruffa Guttierez. Although he denied the allegations, Ruffa confirmed that they did keep their communication lines open, but just as good friends. Later, Lloydie said that as much as he'd like to stay friends with Ruffa, it would be better to stay away, to avoid any future intriga.
- We never run out of reasons to be proud to be Pinoy. The Pinoy-produced song "Stand Up," for example, was chosen as the official song of the anti-poverty campaign of the United Nations in the Asia-Pacific region. The group dubbed "Super Seven," composed mostly of celebrity offspring, interpreted the song. They are Paolo and Gabriel Valenciano (sons of Gary Valenciano), Isabella Gonzales (daughter of Kuh Ledesma), Karylle and Zia Quizon (daughters of Zsa Zsa Padilla), Robin Nievera (son of Martin Nievera and Pops Fernandez), and Duncan Ramos, a former member of the band Southborder.
- After taking part in the successful local production of C.A.T.S., Lea Salonga is now set to return to Broadway, this time for a new musical called Allegiance, currently in its development stage. She co-stars with Japanese actor George Takei (known for playing Hiro Nakamura's dad in the popular TV show Heroes) and Filipino-American actor Paolo Montalban.
- Here's another Pinoy who brought recognition to the Philippines, this time in the Asian fashion industry. Designer Jerome Allen Lorico won the grand prize at the prestigious Japan Fashion Design Contest, held last October 16 in Tokyo, Japan. It was judged by the biggest names in the fashion industry of Japan, Asia's fashion capital.
- You think only the younger Gleeks can get wild? After Glee cast members Lea Michele, Diana Agron, and Cory Monteith posed for a sexy photo spread on GQ magazine, it's Jane Lynch's turn to show her wild side. The actress, who plays iconic antagonist Sue Sylvester on the show, posed for More magazine, clad in animal prints and surrounded by half-naked hunks. Hmm… This reminds us so much of the Cosmo Men supplement.
- Well, if concerned parents think the Glee kids' GQ photos were too racy, then we wonder what they'll say about 17-year-old Taylor Momsen's latest "stunt." In a performance with her band Pretty Reckless, the actress we know as Little J in Gossip Girl flashed her nipple-taped boobies to the audience. Well, that was… "pretty reckless," don't you think?
- World Cup fans all over the world are mourning the loss of Paul, the famous octopus known for "predicting" World Cup results. Paul passed on early this week due to natural causes. He was 2 1/2 years old.
- Although his sex scandal case hasn't seen closure yet, life seems to go on for Hayden Kho. He is reunited with girlfriend Dra. Vicky Belo, is trying to get his medical license back, and, just recently, launched a new perfume line. It looks like he's putting his past behind him. Do you think he deserves a second chance?
Continue reading below ↓
Continue reading below ↓