- It looks like Kris Aquino has seriously considered taking a break from The Buzz. "This election, parang lahat ng kagalit ni Noy [referring to her brother, Sen. Noynoy Aquino], kung may kailangang pintasan, ako parati," she told her co-host Boy Abunda. "Masakit po sa akin dahil ginagamit ako para sirain ang pamilya ko." But she's pressing on, with encouragement from her sisters, who believe that she is "not a quitter."
- Aljur Abrenica can rest easy now that the Department of Justice has dismissed the case that was filed against him by Rachel Saludo and her daughter Michelle Denise for "acts of lasciviousness." Why? A lack of probable cause, says Prosecution Attorney Amanda Felipe. "It is important to point out that the allegation that Aljur inappropriately touched Michelle did not crop up while Michelle and her family was still in Puerto Galera or immediately after they returned home from Puerto Galera. It was only after Aljur publicly denied that he met or dated Michelle in Puerto Galera that the allegation against him for acts of lasciviousness came to life," she says.
- Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock crashed from her Academy Awards high when the news broke that her husband Jesse James has allegedly been cheating on her for 11 months. She's since moved out of their conjugal home, and Jesse's made a public apology to Sandra and his children, though he neither confirms nor denies the rumored affair with tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee.
- In other celebrity break up news, another Oscar-winning actress recently split from her husband of seven years. Kate Winslet and director Sam Mendes have ended their relationship, with sources saying they "just grew apart."
- Football star David Beckham's dreams of playing for England in the World Cup for a fourth time have been dashed. He tore his Achilles tendon while playing for AC Milan, and sources say he was so torn up about it that he was in tears.
- Ruffa Gutierrez has been granted sole custody of Lorin and Venice, her two daughters with ex-husband, Turkish businessman Yilmaz Bektas. Yilmaz will be in Manila on March 25 to visit his kids, and PEP reports that Ruffa and her former flame are on good terms.
- Manny Pacquiao might have defeated Joshua Clottey in a stadium of 51,000 screaming fans, but it looks like the people who want to see him box aren't so hot on hearing him sing. Pacman had a concert scheduled in Honolulu, but it's been canceled because of poor ticket sales.
- Filipino director Brillante Mendoza has done it again. His film Lola just won the Grand Jury Prize (and $25,000) in the Miami International Film Festival. It also won Best Film (and $50,000) at the 6th Dubai International film Festival. Mendoza bagged the Best Director award at Cannes last year (besting internationally acclaimed directors like Quentin Tarantino and Ang Lee) for his film Kinatay.
- Charice Pempengco is all set to hit the international airwaves, with her single "Pyramid" ranking at #26 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart. Her debut album is slated for release in May.
Continue reading below ↓