- After accepting Kris Aquino's apology, Ruffa Gutierrez apologized to Sen. Noynoy Aquino for the disparaging comments her mother Annabelle Rama made on Showbiz Central last week. "In behalf of my mom and the entire Gutierrez family, we sincerely apologize kung nasali po kayo sa isang babaeng usapin," she said in her official statement. "Being the gentleman that you are, you will most probably just brush this off and laugh at our crazy showbiz life."
- Can't get enough of the Twilight Saga? Check out the trailer of Eclipse, which is opening in the US on June 30, 2010. Bryce Dallas Howard makes her debut as bitchy vamp Victoria in the clip, and they throw in some shirtless Taylor Lautner and a lot of romance between Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Bella (Kristen Stewart) for all the fangirls.
- Speaking of Twilight, KStew and Dakota Fanning are also starring together in The Runaways as rock and roll legends Joan Jett and Cherie Currie, and they do their own singing in the movie. Watch this preview of the film (the girls perform The Runaways' hit song "Cherry Bomb" in it) and tell us what you think.
- '80s teen actor Corey Haim (you might have seen him in The Lost Boys) died on Wednesday, March 10. He'd been battling with substance abuse for years, and there are speculations that he might have died from an accidental overdose.
- Judy Ann Santos is pregnant! She and hubby Ryan Agoncillo just confirmed on Eat Bulaga that they’re having their first child. Congratulations!
- Talk about going from reel to real! Camp Rock co-stars Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato took their on-screen romance into the real world. You got that right, the two are dating!
- Did you notice that the Academy forgot to mention actress Farrah Fawcett in their In Memoriam Oscars segment? You weren't the only one! It wasn't an accident—they left her out because they thought she was more famous for being a TV star. (Fans argue the point that they included the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, and he was certainly better known for music than movies, right?) The Academy has since apologized for the oversight.
- Renee Zellweger almost got a ticket for a parking violation in California (and didn't know it!) because her meter was running out as she was buying coffee at Starbucks. Luckily for her, a nice guy ran out and put some coins in without her knowledge, and without knowing that she was a star. Her thanks? A $100 Starbucks gift card and a sweet 'thank you' note to the Good Samaritan.
- We all know that Sandra Bullock bagged the biggest acting award a woman can get this year—the Best Actress Oscar! Coincidentally, she also won the biggest bad acting award a woman can get—a Worst Actress Razzie (Golden Raspberry) for her performance in All About Steve. She gamely accepted the Razzie in person, with a wagon full of All About Steve DVDs in tow to give away. Now that's a sense of humor!
- Gorgeous Brapanese model and Cosmo Centerfold Akihiro Sato has something in common with all other people who work overseas (like he does): He sends most of his salary back home to his family in Brazil. "Of course I think about myself here in the Philippines, so [I do] not [send] all my salary. I need to survive here," he says.
Continue reading below ↓