Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me? It's none other than Disney's new Mulan, Chinese actress Liu Yifei! And with the movie's recent teaser trailer release, we're sure you're absolutely dying to know more about her.
Here, six facts about the female warrior who will bring honor to us all:
1. She's turning 32 years old this year!
Yifei was born on August 25, 1987, in Hubei, China. She lived and studied in New York for a few years and later enrolled at the Performance Institute of the Beijing Film Academy. Yifei started acting at 15, with roles in different Chinese television series.
2. She's got several nicknames in the industry.
Yifei is also known as Crystal Liu and is dubbed as "Fairy Sister" for her sweet, delicate demeanor.
3. Liu Yifei is also a singer! She signed with Sony Music Entertainment Japan in 2005 and has released two albums.
Watch her music video for the track "Want My Taste" below:
4. Her previous films include The Forbidden Kingdom (2008), Outcast (2014), and Never Gone (2016).
5. The actress dated South Korean actor Song Seung Heon from 2015 to 2018.
They first met in 2013 when they worked together for the Chinese-South Korean film The Third Way of Love. In January 2018, Seung Heon's agency said that they had broken up due to their busy schedules.
6. She beat a thousand other girls and landed the role of Mulan!
In November 2017, Disney announced that during their search, the studio was determined to find a young actress of Chinese descent and that they had finally chosen Yifei for the coveted role.
Follow Lily on Instagram.