Following days of back-and-forth over who was to blame for Mariah Carey's disastrous performance on New Year's Rockin' Eve last Saturday, the Golden Butterly herself has finally decided to weigh in—by heavily implying that Dick Clark Productions, the production company behind the special, was to blame for what happened.
"All I can say is Dick Clark was an incredible person and I was lucky enough to work with him when I first started in the music business," she said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly on Tuesday. "I’m of the opinion that Dick Clark would not have let an artist go through that and he would have been as mortified as I was in real time."
The singer went on to say that her fans have been incredibly supportive since the special aired, adding that "it really was an incredible holiday season that turned into a horrible New Year’s Eve." She also echoed her "shit happens" mentality from her initial tweet earlier this week, saying that the disastrous performance wasn't going to keep her from doing similar events again.
"It’s not going to stop me from doing a live event in the future," she told Entertainment Weekly. "But it will make me less trusting of using anyone outside of my own team."
Just to recap, over the last couple days, Mariah's team has been accusing Dick Clark Productions of "sabotage," claiming that the company deliberately ignored their complaints about the singer's faulty ear piece in order to get a "viral moment" from her at any expense. DCP later issued a statement in response, calling the accusations "absurd," to which Mariah's manager Stella Bulochnikov then responded with a "tell-all" interview with Entertainment Weekly.
The company has not yet responded to the latest round of allegations—but based on her Instagram, it appears that Mariah has already moved on from the whole thing entirely.
Follow Gina on Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.