Melissa Benoist aka Supergirl just announced that she’s expecting her first child with Christopher Wood, her husband and co-star in the TV series. The couple broke the news with the cutest IG posts with their doggos. Melissa said, “A non-canine child is coming to our family very soon! [Christopher] has always been an old dad by nature, but now he’s going to be a real one!”
Christopher also posted a photo where they switched roles, giving him the “baby bump.” He said, “The photo is a joke, but the news is real!”
The couple got engaged in February 2019 and tied the knot the following September. They met in 2016 on the set of Supergirl, where Melissa plays the titular character and Christopher plays the alien prince Mon-El. The show just hit its 100th episode last week.
In November 2019, Melissa revealed that she survived months of domestic violence from a younger partner whom she didn’t name. In an emotional IGTV video, she detailed the physical and emotional abuse she suffered. You can watch the video below and read more about it here, but be warned—it may contain triggering content.
If you are or you know someone who is a victim of domestic violence, you can call the hotlines below:
- Department of Social Welfare and Development: (02) 931-8101 to 07
- DSWD-NCR Ugnayan Pag-asa Crisis Intervention Center: (02) 734-8639, (02) 734-8654, (02) 734-8626 to 27
- Philippine National Police: (02) 723-0401 to 20
- PNP-Women and Children Protection Center: (02) 410-3213
- NBI-Violence Against Women and Children Desk: (02) 523-8231 to 38, (02) 525-6028
Follow Dyan on Instagram.