Paulo Avelino's most recent film was the 2018 epic Goyo: Ang Batang Heneral (it's on Netflix, btw), where he played the iconic general—and ladies' man—Gregorio Del Pilar during the Philippine revolution!
Great news: The 31-year-old actor has a couple of rom-com films lined up soon, and we can't wait! Here's what we know about them, so far:
I'm Drunk, I Love You Too
1. It's a sequel to the 2017 film I'm Drunk, I Love You. The first film told the story of college BFFs Carson (Maja Salvador) and Dio (Paulo) and their last days before graduation. They love to drink (obvs), and Carson has to decide whether to finally admit her feelings for Dio or keep them secret... forever.
2. All three of the main cast (Paulo, Maja, and Dominic Roco) will be returning for the sequel! Writer and director JP Habac has been tweeting bits and pieces of the script over the past months.
3. The film was originally called I Love You, I Do (based on a tweet from October 2018), but was changed to the more catchy I'm Drunk, I Love You Too.
4. It's going to be set in 2022. Here's to hoping the film won't actually be released in 2022, because that's too long a wait, right?
1. The plot: This film, written and directed by Antoinette Jadaone, will tell the story of a teenager who finds herself in the mansion of her celeb crush whom she thought she knew everything about. She soon learns that meeting your heroes (in this case, her dream guy) isn't really everything you imagine it to be.
2. In February 2019, the film's production actually held open auditions for Fan Girl's leading lady! The job description? "Just a girl, not yet a woman, 18 to 22 years old, with little or without acting experience, shy but passionate, innocent but curious, and simple but may dating."
3. Paulo teased us about being part of the film in March, and he practically confirmed that he would be Fan Girl's leading man on May 11, 2019. The actor tweeted two photos of him with fans with the text "Fan Girl," and the fans' heads have happy faces drawn over them! He also captioned them with "coming soon" and tagged Direk Jadaone. Yaaaas!
Follow Lily on Instagram.