We all have an image of what zombies are like: They eat human flesh, walk slower than anyone else, and can’t speak human (they only growl at you). They’re downright creepy, and there’s no way you want to get in contact with them, unless you wanna become one, too. But your perspective will definitely change once you start watching Zombie Detective.
LOOKING FOR A ZOMBIE FLICK? WE GOTCHU: What You Need To Know About Park Shin Hye + Yoo Ah In's New Zombie Movie '#Alive'
Starring Fated To Love You’s Choi Jin Hyuk (who plays the role of zombie detective Kim Moo Young) and Extracurricular’s Park Ju Hyun (who plays Gong Seon Ji, a news writer), the KBS drama puts a spin on the usual zombie story, and portrays the lead as more human than monster. But of course, since he’s still a zombie, he still craves human flesh. Mind you, though: His conscience is *very* strong, and every time his mind urges him to feast on someone, he shakes off the thought. We swear, he's the most adorable zombie we have ever seen on screen.
Still not convinced? Here are more reasons you should watch Zombie Detective on Viu Philippines:
1. Moo Young is far from the usual zombie you’re thinking of. First of all, he is scared of humans.
2. So to keep humans from beating him to death, he decided to be like them.
Way of walking? Check. Speaking skills? Check. Rapper-in-the-making? Double check.
3. His determination is something else.
It took him a lot of time to achieve his goal of behaving like a human, and he never stopped until he was able to do so. Now, we love a chopstick pro!
4. Moo Young loves K-beauty just like the rest of us. Zombie skin?
I only know glass skin.
ONE WAY TO ACHIEVE THAT GLASS SKIN? LATHER ON SOME SUNSCREENS: 7 Sunscreens By K-Beauty Brands That Are Worth Trying
5. And zombie-fied or not, you gotta admit that he is one good-looking creature.
Even if he’s just a wee bit scary, hehe.
6. Moo Young can also pass as a K-pop idol! Just look at how he takes the spotlight and dance to 2PM’s “Heartbeat”:
HERE’S WHAT 2PM IS UP TO NOW, AND ALL THE OTHER SECOND-GEN K-POP IDOLS WE LOVE: Here's What These Second-Gen K-Pop Idols Are Up To Now
7. When he’s not busy being adorable, he’s busy being a detective with his partner-in-crime, Seon Ji.
The kilig is real here, you guys. We never thought we'd ever ship a human and a zombie, but here we are.
8. Speaking of kilig, there’s also this cutie named Cha Do Hyun (Kwon Hwa Woon) who we also can’t get our eyes off.
He is Seon Ji’s policeman friend who gets her out of trouble, and brings hangover soup to her house when she’s drunk the night before. Do we smell a love interest here? Yes.
9. Seon Ji is a badass woman who will fight for what she knows is right.
She’s the best in research and sleuthing, which makes her and Moo Young the perfect detective tandem.
YOU HAVE TO ADD THIS INTENSE K-DRAMA TO YOUR LIST: An Honest Review Of 'Extracurricular'
10. Moo Young may be cute and hilarious, but he has a *dark* past, which all of us are curious to know about.
11. The way this drama works is just plain amazing.
There’s comedy, mystery, thriller, action, drama, and romance all pack in one, but there’s never a minute when the story becomes confusing or the least bit boring. Expect to laugh out loud, whimper at times, and be horrified (but not so much so that it won’t keep you up all night).
12. Our favorite bbs are fans, too. Sort of!
Just like how The Return of Superman’s William and Bentley Hammington did it: They were quite scared of Moo Young at first, but they eventually loved him. This video will show you how:
Zombie Detective airs every Monday and Tuesday on Viu.
Follow Hanna on Instagram.