Song Joong Ki has already cemented his name in the industry with his acting chops in the characters he has portrayed—we have seen him transform into a werewolf boy, a soldier, and a space pilot, to name a few. But his most charismatic and cunning role to date would definitely be as a mafia consigliere in Netflix's Vincenzo.
Vincenzo Cassano is not your usual hero: He's ready to fight for justice, yes, but when he does—he does it in the most brutal way. How he plots revenge against the people behind Babel Group will stun you! When he's not doing a headlock on his enemies, you'll see him making everyone go "OMG!" with his undeniable appeal.
We listed down nine of Song Joong Ki's best scenes so far in Vincenzo that made us say "Incredible!" (IYKYK):
1. Whenever Vincenzo flicks his signature lighter, it's a signal that he's coming up with new strategies to confront his opponents. He also mentioned in an episode that it lets him feel at ease. As for us, our world stops for a moment. Breathe if you agree.
2. Remember when the owner of Bye Bye Balloon, Park Seok Dom, and one of his men (aka the Park Saeyori wannabe, LOL) were the sworn enemies of the Geumga Plaza tenants? Vincenzo used a measuring tape to hang him outside the window after a face-off! Hands down to this corn salad for being the most creative mafia.
3. Every time Vincenzo wears a suit feels like a fairytale comes to life. In an episode, he sported one with a bowtie when he saved the tenants (again) by organizing an Italian-themed party. Let me just quote queen Taylor Swift here: "He's so tall and handsome as hell." <3
4. Trust a man who will make you feel the safest when you're with him. There were a couple of times when Cha Young was sent to jail (thanks to the Babel Group) but Vincenzo is always to the rescue! Also, he would often put his hand on Cha Young's back to reassure her that he's by her side and everything will be okay. Everybody, repeat after me: Sana all!
5. Many were shookedth when Vincenzo became the surprise witness of Cha Young...and he also came with another surprise witness! The moment he entered the court, everyone's jaw dropped especially Wusang's CEO, Han Seung Hyuk. To mock him, Vincenzo even ran his fingers through his hair as he walked, LOL.
6. How can we forget when Vincenzo and Cha Young showed up for the trial in a badass car, looking like a million bucks? That scene is living our heads rent-free! Okay while we're here, can we please talk about their matchy-matchy bag? Sunglasses? OOTD? #CoupleGoals
7. One day, Vincenzo was *tasked* to pretend to like Hwang Min Seong, the president of Shinkwang Bank, so he can lure him. How did he do it? Well, he just appeared out of nowhere on a white horse looking like the fine man that he is. Min Seong was totally whipped, haha!
8. Now when they went out on a ~date~, Vincenzo changed his style and became the cutest K-drama pretend-BF we have ever seen. That curly hair? Adorbs. The casual attire? We're here for it. Vincenzo showing how *concerned* he is for Min Seong (even if it's not real)? A man like him, please!
9. Count on Vincenzo to make Cha Young's dreams come true, like when she wanted to see what it's like when a person is covered in pig's blood. Our mafia consigliere then plotted this on Jang Jun Woo and it was a big success! He even stood up, clapped, and shouted "Bravo!" in front of the messy and embarrassed Babel boss. TBH, that word is still music to my ears after how many weeks.
Can't wait to see more Song Joong Ki's impressive scenes next week!
New episodes of Vincenzo are available on Netflix every Saturday and Sunday.
Follow Hanna on Instagram