1. "If you ask people what they've always wanted to do, most people haven't done it. That breaks my heart."
2. "I don't believe in guilt; I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person. And don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free."
3. "When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers, I kind of wanted to be a vampire."
4. "I don't see myself as beautiful, because I can see a lot of flaws. People have really odd opinions. They tell me I'm skinny, as if that's supposed to make me happy."
5. "Make bold choices and make mistakes. It's all those things that add up to the person you become."
6. "I like to hide behind the characters I play. Despite the public perception, I am a very private person who has a hard time with the fame thing."
7. "I always felt caged, closed in, like I was punching at things that weren't there. I always had too much energy for the room I was in."
8. "I like everything. Boyish girls, girlish boys, the heavy and the skinny. Which is a problem when I'm walking down the street."
9. "We must send a message around the world that there is no disgrace in being a survivor of sexual violence, that the shame is on the aggressor."
10. "Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of."
11. "I'm looking very much forward to growing older. I want to be an exhausted older woman but with a very full life behind me and one still going."
12. "I never thought I'd have children, I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person. Having come from a broken home—you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don't look for them."