Zayn Malik is a lover—not a fighter. But, don't quote me on that, ok? Our fave former boy bander almost got into a brawl (yeah, not a word I ever anticipated to use) outside a New York City bar on June 4. So, here's what we know:
- Zayn was not wearing a shirt (for reasons unknown).
- Zayn was chilling outside the Amsterdam Billiards Club in the East Village, cig in hand when suddenly, a drunken a**hole left the Little Sister Lounge and approached him. Disclaimer: We don't 100 percent know that he was drunk, but we are willing to bet on it.
- Where were we? Oh yeah. Drunken a**hole proceeded to yell at Zayn and use a homophobic slur.
- Zayn attempted to defend himself, but his team held off the guy. Zayn dropped a couple of f-bombs in the process.
- Oh, and it was all captured on camera. You can watch it here.
"Zayn is in here a lot and we absolutely love having him. He was here for a few hours playing pool and ping-pong with a bunch of people, and there were no problems," one of the Amsterdam Billiards Club's owners told Page Six. "I heard that the [scuffle] started over the guy wanting a photo, but I'm not sure. It happened outside. We gave him an Amsterdam Billiards T-shirt and are bummed he wasn't wearing it outside!"
That is one dramatic Friday night. If you're wondering, Gigi Hadid was not there. It's likely that she was home with their baby girl, Khai. Zigi is *loving* being parents by the way. We feel for Zayn though. The dad just wanted a chill night out. Is that too much to ask?
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.