2. Make a playlist of all your favorite songs. Listening to music decreases cortisol or your body’s stress hormone which causes 60% of all illnesses and diseases. So when you’re feeling stressed AF, just tune out the world with your current happy song. *cue The 1975's Girls*
3. Always have water within arm’s reach. Have a large bottle of water on your desk, whether it’s at work or in school. You’ll end up drinking from your bottle throughout the day (even if you’re not thirsty), so you’re compulsively keeping yourself hydrated. #winwin
4. Tap your feet to the beat. Sometimes, it’s the little things that work. An Iowa State University study found that those who fidgeted and moved more burned an additional 300 calories than those who remain stationary. So the next time you find yourself stuck in EDSA, plug in your earphones and tap your foot to your favorite song!
5. Watch your favorite TV show. While running on the treadmill! Watching something you love will definitely keep you riveted enough that you won't even notice how long you've been running.
6. Indulge yourself with games. According to research journal Appetite, playing video games can help curb the intensity and frequency of cravings instead of waiting it out. Getting distracted on games helps you lose your focus on food. So the next time you feel like grabbing a brownie, better open your Pokemon Go instead.
7. Think positive. Do you know that this simple habit helps fight colds, high cholesterol, and heart diseases? It also slows down the aging process, too!
8. Laugh. Seriously, it’s as simple as that. According to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, you can burn as much as 40 calories by laughing 10 to 15 minutes a day. Your feel-good giggles increases your heart rate by 10 to 20 percent, causing your metabolism to rise. Time to have a marathon of those funny YouTube videos, ladies.
9. Say yes to cuddling. Aside from making you feel good, hugging, kissing, or even just holding someone’s hand also helps boost your immune system, relieve physical pain, and reduce anxiety. Don’t worry if you’re still single! You can always ask one from your best friend or grandma!
10. Keep healthy food on your desk, in your bag, or wherever you are. Whether you’re jumping from one class to another or sitting in your work station the whole day, make sure you have nutritious food with you at all times. We recommend something portable and easy to store like Nova Jalapeño Spice! A spicy take on your favorite multigrain snack, this variant will get you hooked—minus the guilt. You can also grab a bite of Nova which comes in two other flavors, Homestyle BBQ and Country Cheddar. Know more about this yummy snack by checking out their Facebook page.