We love sushi and sashimi as much as the next girl, but this disturbing news bit is making us think twice before ordering another plate of Spicy Tuna Maki.
A Chinese man who loved sashimi was shocked to find out that his entire body was infested with tapeworms after eating one too many raw slices of fish. After complaining about a stomachache and itchy skin, he had himself checked by a doctor and discovered that parasites had spread throughout his body. Apparently, the sashimi he ate was contaminated. Yikes!
Keep in mind that although it is a delicious delicacy, raw or uncooked fish or meat can lead to a variety of parasitic infections. So go enjoy your sushi, but make sure you eat it from a reputable establishment! And if it tastes a bit off? Better ditch it.