There are some people who work out simply for the ~*high*~ they feel after. That's enough motivation to get out of bed and sweat for 30 minutes to an hour. It's not that simple for me: In fact, it's an entire process. I usually start by playing something cheesy like "Eye of the Tiger" 'cause I'm that person or anything from The Bold Type playlist.
Next, I "gear" up, which basically means I put on a sports bra, a pair of leggings, and some comfy shoes. Afterwards, I sometimes commemorate the workout by taking a cute selfie. And I know I'm not alone in this. It's not a bad thing! Congrats, you worked out today! So if you're looking for your next workout caption to celebrate your accomplishment, take your pick.
Best Workout Captions:
- "Glowing and growing!"
- "Keep your squats low and your standards high."
- "I don't sweat, I sparkle."
- "Say squeeze!"
- "Don't decrease the goal. Increase the effort!"
- "Progress is progress, no matter how small."
- "It hurts now, but one day, it will be your warm-up."
- "Always be a work-in-progress."
And a few wise words from famous celebs and athletes:
- "Hard days are the best because that's when champions are made." -Gabby Douglas
- "I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
- "I know that if I set my mind to something, even if people are saying I can’t do it, I will achieve it." -David Beckham
- "I am building a fire, and everyday I train I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match." -Mia Hamm
- "Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice." -Bethany Hamilton
- "The only one who can tell you 'you can't win' is you and you don't have to listen." -Jessica Ennis
- "If you think you're done, you always have at least 40 percent more." -Lauren Crandall
- "Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat: You have to master yourself." -Olga Korbut
- "I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses." -Kobe Bryant
- "There's no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best." -Ronnie Coleman
- "Most people give up right before the big break comes—don't let that person be you." -Michael Boyle
- "You're going to have to let it hurt. Let it suck. The harder you work, the better you will look. Your appearance isn’t parallel to how heavy you lift, it's parallel to how hard you work." -Joe Manganiello
- "You have to push past your perceived limits, push past that point you thought was as far as you can go." -Drew Brees
- "You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits." -Michael Phelps
- "Natural talent only determines the limits of your athletic potential. It's dedication and a willingness to discipline your life that makes you great." -Billie Jean King
- "I'd rather regret the risks that didn't work out than the chances I didn't take at all." -Simone Biles
We all know music has a way of hyping us up:
- "Been hittin' sit ups, runnin' laps, tryna get my core intact/Cause I look around, and my elders teach me time'll pass."
- "So crank the bass up like crazy and let yourself go / I say fuck it, before we kick the bucket / Life's too short to not go for broke / So everybody, everybody go berserk." -Eminem
- "Boy don't even try to touch this / Boy this beat is crazy / This is how they made me." -Beyonce
- "I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones / Enough to make my systems blow / Welcome to the new age." -Imagine Dragons
- "Let's go! There ain't no better time. I'm talking here and now / Let's go! Right now is where you shine." -Calvin Harris feat. Ne-yo
- "Bring it on, ring the alarm / Don't stop now, just be the champion. You better work, bitch." -Britney Spears
Follow Ysa on Instagram.