You're done with school and never going back. YES! But wait, what are these struggles?!
1. Going shopping is officially ruined for you because everyone asks, "Are you getting ready to go back to school?" No, I am not. Thank you for the reminder. *Puts sign on forehead "NOT GOING BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING. GRADUATED ALREADY."*
2. College students: "OMG, summer went sooo fast." You: "What is summer, even?" Summer just means your morning commute is hot as hell, and going to the beach once or twice because you actually have work on the weekdays. Miss you, summer vacation <3.
3. Tweets about people regretting signing up for 10 a.m. classes make you feel bitter. "I'VE ALREADY BEEN UP FOR FOUR HOURS BY THEN," you yell at the tweet.
4. When the interns in your office leave to go back to school and reality sets in that you aren't going back to school. "Take me with you!" you feel like shouting as they walk out the door. At this exact moment, you realize this isn't pretend anymore. Your internship didn't end because it's not an internship; it is your life.
5. When a song comes on that reminds you of your senior year, you want to discover the way to time travel because how did college go so quickly!? Who knew that "Anaconda" could make you feel so emotional? With every ~my anaconda don't~ you hear, a piece of your heart breaks.
6. Seeing Instagrams of the new seniors hanging out at your favorite college restaurant on a Thursday night gives you intense FOMO. Does anyone have a brown paper bag? I need a brown paper bag. That's your restaurant! That's the exact corner you and your friends used to take pictures in! And you're in your pajamas because it's 10:30 and you have work tomorrow.
7. Seeing your college-aged friends back-to-school countdowns on social media that say things like, "7 days 'til I'm back with my babes" makes you feel a sharp pain in your heart. You read that and think to yourself, "In seven days I'll be right here, doing the same thing, not with my babes. Nice."
8. Instead of spending your money on Forever21 crop tops, you're buying adult blouses at Zara. Long gone are the days of pajamas all day everyday and sexy fun clothes on the weekends. Your oversize gray sweatpants you wore to your 8 a.m. classes every day probably aren't acceptable at work.
9. The only crazy party pictures on your Instagram now are #TBTs. Your night life doesn't consist of toga parties and wearing *~aNyThInG bUt cLoThEs*~ anymore. While it's probably for the best, it still makes you sad because you feel old. Remember when it was socially acceptable to post keg-stand pics? Those were the days.
10. E-mails from your college make you want to throw your phone out the window because they're either asking you for money or forgot to take you off of their email list. Oh, cool, it's the Welcome Week schedule. Are you mocking me? Thanks for the reminder that this week for me is not Welcome Week, it is just another week.
11. Snapchat pre-game stories make you realize that you are officially washed up because you're watching 21-year-olds party on a Tuesday. You have not gone too far if you block everyone just starting their senior year. You need to protect yourself from the heartache, you know.
12. You realize that instead of paying to be somewhere, you're getting paid to be somewhere. Regardless of numbers no. 1 through 11, adulthood isn't so bad after all. You make your own money and you get to start your kickass career. Remember when you said you couldn't wait to grow up and be on your own? ~*hErE iT iS*~.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.